The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Rough shave, Don. You'll get it next time.

Sounds like pottery night was a blast. And I agree that women have a rougher go in the military, it's the same way in the fire service, but I wish it weren't the case. There are plenty of bad ass women out there that could really help whip us all into shape, and they need that opportunity without so many obstacles.

Getting all caught up and you are all talking about chick flicks?

Image result for walk away slowly gif

Rough shave, Don. You'll get it next time.

Sounds like pottery night was a blast. And I agree that women have a rougher go in the military, it's the same way in the fire service, but I wish it weren't the case. There are plenty of bad ass women out there that could really help whip us all into shape, and they need that opportunity without so many obstacles.
You are definitely right! A lot of bad ass women out there indeed! I have used this example before, but I served with a woman in Afghanistan who was five foot nothing and maybe weighed 110 pounds soaking wet. One of the Special Forces groups needed an interrogator for a long term mission and she fit the bill. A lot of guys said that she shouldn't have been able to take on the task because she wouldn't be able to hang with the SF guys. Not only was she able to do everything she was asked, but she exceeded expectations! I subscribe to the philosophy that I don't care who you are...if you can do the job then it's all good!

You are definitely right! A lot of bad ass women out there indeed! I have used this example before, but I served with a woman in Afghanistan who was five foot nothing and maybe weighed 110 pounds soaking wet. One of the Special Forces groups needed an interrogator for a long term mission and she fit the bill. A lot of guys said that she shouldn't have been able to take on the task because she wouldn't be able to hang with the SF guys. Not only was she able to do everything she was asked, but she exceeded expectations! I subscribe to the philosophy that I don't care who you are...if you can do the job then it's all good!
Absolutely! That's a great story, thank you for sharing. I used to work with a woman who could run circles around everybody in fire science and medicine. It's unfortunate that she feels that there's a particular department that I would excel in, whereas she would face every single obstacle. She could very easily be a fire chief, but there's the stigma of women in the fire service.

A friend of mine was introduced to guns by his father when he was about 12. His father put a watermelon on a pole, took a shotgun, and blew it to pieces. He then told his son that that could easily be one of his body parts if he stopped respecting any firearm that he was using. Tone the message down somewhat, and that's the way I feel about the Sextoblade. Not to be underestimated lol.

A friend of mine was introduced to guns by his father when he was about 12. His father put a watermelon on a pole, took a shotgun, and blew it to pieces. He then told his son that that could easily be one of his body parts if he stopped respecting any firearm that he was using. Tone the message down somewhat, and that's the way I feel about the Sextoblade. Not to be underestimated lol.
Definitely not to be underestimated!

Razor #1: Durham Dorset
Blade #1: Durham Duplex NOS (New Blade...err...sort of)
Razor #2: Merkur Progress
Blade #2: Super Max Platinum (2nd Shave?)
Soap/Cream: Wholly Kaw - Agrumi in Estate
Brush: Asylum Brush Works Cheswick Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Wholly Kaw - Agrumi in Estate

I have a video uploading now so I will keep this short. Wanted to actually try out the Durham Dorset that I have had for a while now, but have never used it. Had some NOS Durhma Duplex blades that I thought were okay. Turns out that the blade was REALLY dull. I did a WtG pass...well sort of...but couldn't do any more than that. I'll try to score me some blades that actually work. I have a New box of the blades that have not been opened yet. So maybe those are still good. Anyway...I finished off my shave with the Progress and all is well. Came away with a DFS.

The Danger Zone:

I see that I am back to using the Good Towels again! That's awesome! Because I am not sure how much more I could really Love Matt! 🤪

Back