The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Luckily I haven’t seen ant of those movies.
And no man ever should! I suggested to my wife once that The Notebook is only a James Garner away from being a Lifetime made for TV movie, AND had the characters done role reversals...visavis the male character cheats on his fiance instead of the Rachel McAdams character cheating on her's...the movie/book would have been a bust and would have been on Lifetime...otherwise known as the "I hate men" channel. The wife stared daggers at me.

And no man ever should! I suggested to my wife once that The Notebook is only a James Garner away from being a Lifetime made for TV movie, AND had the characters done role reversals...visavis the male character cheats on his fiance instead of the Rachel McAdams character cheating on her's...the movie/book would have been a bust and would have been on Lifetime...otherwise known as the "I hate men" channel. The wife stared daggers at me.

I have managed to get this far in life without ever having seen The Notebook. I guess I'm not missing anything!

Ok don, which movie am i describing?

Guy meets girl, guy and girl fall in love, one of them messes up BIG TIME and they split up, They realize they still love each other and get back together. End

Razor #1: Weck Sextoblade
Blade #1: Personna Hair Shaper
Rozer #2: Merkur Progress (New Blade)
Blade #2: Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge (Yellow?) (4th Shave)
Soap/Cream: Stirling - Weekend in Malibu
Brush: TSC First Anniversary Brush by Eric Sorrentino @Smattayu
The Penultimate Aftershave: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Stirling - Weekend in Malibu

Well the first thing I realized after I shaved with the Weck for the first time is that...I seriously need a lot of practice. I am no good with my hand positions and I often don't even know how to angle the razor to accommodate the contours of my face and neck. It is fair to say, however, that my cheeks are super smooth after even the first pass. I did most a North to South pass, then switched to my Progress. Curious how the rest of the week will go with this razor. I had a few weepers...Okay...I had a few more weepers than I care to admit. But nothing a little styptic pencil and witch hazel can't handle. Several glugs of aftershave...and all is well. Well all is well after a Home Alone type slap on the face and a cry for mercy... :eek: 🤪.

The Danger Zone:

The wife signed us up for a pottery painting event tonight that is Game of Thrones themed. Not sure what I will be painting...but I am sure it will be interesting. Oh...and did I mention that there will be a video of my shave? Yeah...it might be a while before I can get it posted...but it is in the works.

So I ran into problems and ended up deleting my production. Anyway...finally got through everything again and the video is uploading to the Tube of You as we speak. However, evidently I am using some weird settings or something because it is taking much longer than expected. I'll get it posted as soon as I can.

And for those who have been waiting...well...no one really should be waiting for this...

Razor #1: Weck Sextoblade
Blade #1: Personna Hair Shaper
Razor #2: Merkur Progress (New Blade)
Blade #2: Super Max Platinum (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations - Smoked Black Tea
Brush: Stirling 24mm Finest Badger
The Penultimate Aftershave: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Proraso

I guess I should have taken a video of this shave. Yeah...there was definitely a lot more blood this time around. I decided take the guard off this time, which was going great, until it didn't. Caught myself on my right cheek and then again right in that crease on the corner of the nose and just before the mustache area. I was able to finish my first pass with the Weck, but with the blood dripping (yes, it was dripping), I decided to continue the shave with the progress. The Proraso Green Aftershave was able to smooth the skin out a bit, but the shave is definitely not the best I have had. I might give the face a rest tomorrow and give the Weck another try on Wed.

The Danger Zone:

The wife and I went to the pottery painting class on Saturday evening and it was a bit of fun. Found out one of the owners of the business is a 26 year Navy Veteran who just recently got out. Definitely have mad respect for that woman. A career in the military isn't easy for anyone...and I'm not trying to be sexist here at all...but in my opinion, women in the military have some serious obstacles they have to deal with. I have always had some serious respect for women who join the military. Anyway...the pottery painting was fun. I'll get the piece in a couple of weeks...maybe I'll post a pic of the before and after...maybe.

Hope the Cadre kicks off their week with a great Monday!

Back