The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge (Yellow?) (3rd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Strop Shoppe - Instinct
Brush: TSC First Anniversary Brush by Eric Sorrentino @Smattayu
The Penultimate Aftershave: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Barbasol - Pacific Rush

Did my "I" shave this morning as I missed a whole mess of letters. Went with the Unobtanium in both the soap and the aftershave category as both Strop Shoppe and Pacific Rush are unavailable on the retail market. I know that Instinct is supposed to have a subtle sandalwood scent...and I think there is some there. But this soap smells like...well soap. In a good way though. Just nice and clean and refreshing. If Strop Shoppe stuck around and kept only this formula...I think they might have been out-paced by some of the Artisans...but all in all...I think this soap can hold it's own with most. Had a really nice uneventful three pass shave...no cleanup...and ended up with a DFS. Didn't want to chase after anything. This 7 O'Clock Yellow is turning out to be a really nice blade. Sharp and smooth. I need to pay attention to it and compare it to the other 7 O'Clock blades. Finished up the shave with a nice menthol splash..or two...or three...probably more...of Barbasol Pacific Rush...in a way that only a man with nine bottles and a leftover can only do! I used this stuff liberally! Anyway...feeling good about myself today!

The Danger Zone:

Not much to say on the home front. It is hot right now. As it likely is most places I think. The wife and I are planning a trip to Pennsylvania the first week of August...so MAYBE a little reprieve from the heat then.

It's Thursday Cadre and another day closer to the weekend. It seems to me this week is never ending...but we will persevere! Have a great one!

Nice shave Don. 9 bottles plus ?!? I have a mere 3 I believe 😜
Yeah...I went to three different Big Lots when I found out they were going away. Ended up with about 15 bottles in all. I think you can order it still by the case from Barbasol directly...but they are likely out of it by now. Anyway...it ended up to be about $4.00 dollars a bottle. A bit more than the buck a bottle I picked them up for.

I'm not entirely sure how I didn't get around to reading this earlier. Great shave! 9 bottles probably isn't enough, is it? 😂

I'm not entirely sure how I didn't get around to reading this earlier. Great shave! 9 bottles probably isn't enough, is it? 😂
Thanks! And no...it isn't enough!

TEAM AMERICA was the last movie that my wife let me pick for us to watch. After that, I am only allowed to offer suggestions. 🤪
I'm the same way with Club Dread. Picked that movie once to watch with the then Girlfriend and now Wife...and wammo! I am relegated tova lifetime of movies such as The Notebook, Steel Magnolias, and the Fault in the Stars.

Back