The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Topaz Stainless "The Micronised Blade" (2nd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Cold River Soap Works - Glide - Colonia Mediterranea
Brush: Asylum Brush Works - The Cheswick in Silver Tip Fiber
Penultimate Aftershave: Thayers Coconut Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Barbasol - Pacific Rush

Well, trying to keep in line with the Italian Theme of the Week. I pulled out my CRSW Colonia Mediterranea soap. This is a very nice aquatic scent that is just really pleasant! I will tell you that this Glide Version of CRSW is super slick! I mean...Might be able to call it the slickest soap in my den. Make the lather thick and rich...yup it's slick. Add more water than you should...it's super slick. It's a very good performing soap also. Post shave properties, where I judge my soaps the hardest, are pretty decent too. This is definitely a high Tier 1 and I can definitely see why someone might call it Elite.

I just did a two pass shave today...North to South and then South to North again. I wasn't feeling the blade. While this "Micronised" blade was sufficient yesterday...it went down hill fast. Either this one is a dud...or they just are not that good. But all is well. I pulled out a bottle of Pacific Rush (I have been hoarding bottles since they don't make it any more...maybe someday I will share) and copious palm ladles of blue aftershave freely splashed onto my face! Yup...the universe is right again!

The Danger Zone:

Back to the gym again the past few days and I am really feeling it. You take a couple of weeks off because you are sick and you can't breath...and man it is like you never went. Gotta get that strength back. In the same breath of exercise...I am doing Tuesday and Thursday Spin Classes at the YMCA at lunch. Okay I have to admit that I actually like this form of exercise. I used to think that spin classes were just put your head down and pedal as fast as you can. I guess I was wrong. I love the intervals of the 45-50 minutes the class goes for. I don't know...something just clicked with me in it...and I really like the class.

Getting closer to the weekend ladies...and gents...and @HandleBarberDave ! 🤪 Let's finish this week out strong and crush it!

Yep, I am always surprised and comment on Glide as perhaps the slickest soap I've used. Just wish they had a scent that knocked my socks off I could get. Have a great day Don !

I guess you used up all the micronization with the first shave? Now you just have a macro blade which we all know should be relegated to culinary use.

Welcome to the cadre Don happy to have you here ;)

that blade the Topaz I recently reviewed it. Nice brush today that one looks familiar

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: CBL Premium Shave Soap - Roasted Oatmeal Stout (Made with Real Guinness Stout)
Brush: Asylum Brush Works - TSC 1st Anniversary Brush by Eric Sorrentino @Smattayu
Penultimate Aftershave: Thayers Coconut Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Figaro Monsieur

It came! And I was super exited to try it out! I am on the Blackland Vector Tour and it's my turn to try it out! From those who have posted about it, I really had no idea what to think. It is generally accepted as a really good razor though, and I had slightly high expectations. This is only my second AC style razor, unless you count an Injector, then this is my third. And like other that have posted here about it...the weight and balance kind of threw me off. I had concerns that it would be too small, too light, too wide, etc. But to be honest, this razor was a perfect weight and fit for me. It was just really comfortable to shave with. I know @bobmsp said he used more pressure than he should have at first. This was not the case at all. I am one to almost always use more pressure than I should. But I had to admit that I think the Vector actually forces me to use less pressure. I whipped up a moisturizing lather with CBL Roasted Oatmeal Stout and three passes and a cleanup...I am clean shaven! I ended up with DFS+...maybe even better. A few splashes of the Figaro Monsieur Dopobara and man I am feeling good! That Figaro...boy does it smell good and it feels good too!

A couple quick notes...the blade. I think the Captain Titan Mild was okay. Maybe it was my angle...maybe it was the blade. But for some reason I keep feeling I could have got a better shave. I'll use this one again tomorrow to see if it gets better. But come Monday I think I will try a different blade.

The Danger Zone:

I want to say thanks again for all who read and for all who comment. I really am appreciative of the Cadre! It's Friday and I am glad I got all my yard work done during the week as it seems that the rain chances have been increased for Saturday and Sunday and I doubt I will be able to do any mowing. The temps have reached the 90s here in Louisiana and next week there are a couple days that are predicted to be in the 100s. I know it is technically still spring...but not here...we don't really get spring. It's just summer!

It's Friday! And no matter what obstacles the day brings I can look past it...because the weekend is nigh! Have a great one today Cadre! Oh, and where a Hawaiian Shirt!

The temps have reached the 90s here in Louisiana and next week there are a couple days that are predicted to be in the 100s. I know it is technically still spring...but not here...we don't really get spring. It's just summer!
Welcome to Texas, Don! Haha

Back