The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ultimate Minimalist Competition

iu

Alrighty everyone today was shave 50 for me, so where are we?

In 50 shaves I can say I've used maybe 1/3 of this puck of Williams. I have kept my brush loaded with any soap left and living on top of my puck the whole time. I can easily get a shaves worth of soap out of the brush with just barely wetting the tips and a single swirl in the mug. Three passes on each shave with this Nacet still feels smooth and fine by any standard. I've kept it in my pre-war Tech this entire time, and will probably do so for the remainder of these shaves.

Lessons so far:
1) Keeping the brush loaded and unrinsed is working very well to conserve soap
2) Using a very mild razor makes things easier
2a) Vintage Techs still rule :-)

Coming up on the end of our second month. What's your status? Is everyone still going?

I'm still going, 56 shaves. I missed one shave in Feb and one in Mar.

Today was 57 and I fully expect tomorrow to be 58 and so on. No real issues, just keep shaving.

Still going. I'm either at 52 or 53. Its been a bit crazy here in Moving City. The plan is to go uninterrupted after we get moved into the new house.

I am 56 shaves in after today. The blade and the Williams puck are still going strong. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my shaves on this setup.

75 shaves in today. With only 25 left to go, unless I somehow ding the blade this should wrap easily. Hell of a thing to think of how long things can actually last if you try.

75 shaves in today.
Damn...I fell a dozen behind. But no worries......I'm now up to date on my count and I'm not stopping until I reach the full 100. The move added a few days to my delay.

I did some quick math and it looks like 100 shaves will happen sometime after mothers day and before memorial day. I have an accurate count going but occasional weekend mornings are the X factor in knowing the exact date for 100.

The Wiliams puck is thinner but still holding steady. Should get much more than 100 shaves out of it. The Spider Williams method has been a game changer.

The GSB has settled into a wonderful sweet spot........nice and smooth each morning and once a week, I do a quick palm strop.

So far, so good.

Now the question will be is the "Spider Williams" method going to win out over "Grandpa Brush" method.....🍿
Not me....but @Spider has been using the Spider Williams method the whole time (I used the Grandpa Brush method the first 12 days) so he may win out over all of us.

Back