The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ultimate Minimalist Competition

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Concierge
I've just posted the One Blade February Challenge and the Williams 3017 threads for February. Yeah, Yeah, I'm late, I know. Check them out Here:

Now, the idea for both of these threads is to use your blade and puck of Williams as long as possible. But do you have what it takes to REALLY go the distance?

If so, you've got a shot at a $100 gift certificate to the TSC Artisan or Hobbyist of your choice!

How do you qualify for the prize?
Complete 100 shaves on a single puck of Williams
and
Complete 100 shaves on a single blade (no swapping, like what is allowed in the One-Blade thread)

Sound crazy? It's possible!
One Caveat is that if I don't complete the 100 shaves myself, for any reason, you only need to complete one more shave than I do.

Everyone who completes the challenge will be entered into a random draw for the Gift Certificate.

We will start on Feb 1st, but you can join late if you find this late or can't start on the 1st.

Who here is Brave enough, or crazy enough, to try?

Who here is Brave enough, or crazy enough, to try?
1. Spider

To Intense for me also. Don’t think I could Concentrate That long.
c72126e8e96c2b25790a500db02148f4.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm interesting...

I need to see if I have a puck of Williams about...

The Williams, yes! The one blade challenge, NOPE! 🙃
Even if the one blade is your favorite straight razor? I question whether it’s possible for everyone to achieve 100 shaves off a single puck of Williams. I think it’s possible but we tend to load it like we hate it during the February challenge so the puck is gone ASAP. A gently lathered puck might do 100 …

Even if the one blade is your favorite straight razor?
Yes, the rules state you can use a straight... it just can't touch a hone during that time.
we tend to load it like we hate it during the February challenge
Sure, you won't make it if you load it like you hate it. The spin on this years 3017, if you choose to accept it, is to not do that, and see how long you can get it to last.

Even if the one blade is your favorite straight razor? I question whether it’s possible for everyone to achieve 100 shaves off a single puck of Williams. I think it’s possible but we tend to load it like we hate it during the February challenge so the puck is gone ASAP. A gently lathered puck might do 100 …
You need to caress it like you want it to buy you dinner

I almost burst into flames opening this thread.

Someone explain the tensile strength of hair related to the ability to use blades for extended periods of time to KJ again.
Yeah, if you have baby soft hair like the OP, maybe, the Brillo pad that grows out of my face will never make 100 shaves, I tried the one blade challenge a couple of years back and just wasn't going to happen for me.

The Williams however, that would be a breeze but I'm about vintage. I might finish it up here for fun, but no way I have 100 shaves worth, and I'm pretty light on the lather.

Back