The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ultimate Minimalist Competition

100 or bust.
hell-yeah-brother-fourth-of-july-sckpqfpu5ynj2m3g.gif

Who here is Brave enough, or crazy enough, to try?
1. Spider
2. Heysi
3. OpusX
4. dkeester

Well, I guess I am brave enough to try. It has been a long time since I tried to stretch a blade. I am fairly certain that I can't stretch a puck of Williams to 100 shaves since I am a heavy hand with the lather brush, but I guess I can try.

Am I just out if the puck gives out before I do, or can I start on a new puck of Williams and continue?

I am fairly certain that I can't stretch a puck of Williams to 100 shaves since I am a heavy hand with the lather brush
Be less heavy handed. I'm trying to get to the point where I'm using as little soap as possible.
Am I just out if the puck gives out before I do
Yes. 1 puck for 100 shaves. Using 2-3 pucks of Williams for 100 shaves is not the challenge.

Did you even lather?
No. I'm using it kind of like a brushless cream. It's way slicker than any brushless I've ever used so it works great. I came to this revelation the last time I used williams. I went in very light on the puck and despite using a brush, I had no lather on my face. Still got an amazing shave. It was at that point, I realized that all the soap still in the brush was a complete waste (if I was trying to be frugal). So I got it in my head that I could do this challenge with no brush, and really conserve the soap. I'm thinking I can make the puck last up to a year this way.

Is not lathering allowed?!
Did I ever say anything about a requirement for lather? My only point was to see how long I could make a puck last.

Oh well, for me it's the challenge of seeing how long a puck will last.
That's exactly what I'm doing.

Congrats to KJ for winning this contest sometime in late May.
I'm hosting the contest... it's not mine to win. You don't have to beat me, just reach 100 shaves. Anything beyond that is just icing on the cake, but not required (although, you do still need to finish the 3017).

Williams is the undisputed, post-shave slickness king. I just rubbed the puck on my face like a shave stick for the first pass. And I didn’t need to re-apply for the second pass.

1st shave done. 99+ to go…

View attachment 104001
Very Jealous of your Williams Scuttle and basically all your other Williams stuff! I'll decide if I'm gonna join this afternoon, need to shave before I go to a work event. I have a Barbers bar which is about 80% and I'm considering using it. Doubt it will last 100 shaves though!

I don’t understand why some folk have issues with Williams. Easy Peasy. And good stuff. Ask me in 30-days as I throw it across the yard
I figured this is just a tactic to repost the same video for 3 months.

I don’t understand why some folk have issues with Williams. Easy Peasy. And good stuff. Ask me in 30-days as I throw it across the yard
The guy that gets cranky when having to use the same set up more than 4 days in a row....may not survive 100 shaves with the same soap and blade.

One shave down. I think the blade can go the distance. I just don't know if the Williams will.

I am going to have to careful loading my brush. Even with a dry puck it doesn't take much to pull large amounts of product off of the puck.

Yeah, it's the Williams that's the trick in this challenge. Load too much and you're 2-3 shaves below the 100 line. Do that too many times...and you'll fall way too short to finish. I barely got 3 swirls on the brush this morning. Not as lathery as I'd like but this is a marathon, not a sprint. But with Williams, the least amount is still plenty slick.

Yeah, it's the Williams that's the trick in this challenge
I think the blade would be the challenge for most. I got 60 days with a puck of Williams, with normal use. 100 seems fairly easy without too much effort. Most people don't routinely get 30+ shaves off a blade. (Although I think most who signed up do)

Back