The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ultimate Minimalist Competition

@OpusX is your blade still shaving?
I am still using the same Gillette Nacet I started with. "Shaving" is a subjective term. Does it remove the whiskers? Yes. Do I get a close shave. Actually, also yes. Is it the most effecient? No, it takes a bit more time and I know I'm giving it some pressure too, but it is working.

I am still using the same Gillette Nacet I started with. "Shaving" is a subjective term. Does it remove the whiskers? Yes. Do I get a close shave. Actually, also yes. Is it the most effecient? No, it takes a bit more time and I know I'm giving it some pressure too, but it is working.
Have you used any techniques to keep it having? I know some guys have taken them to pasted strops or used vintage stropping tools.

Have you used any techniques to keep it having? I know some guys have taken them to pasted strops or used vintage stropping tools.
Not as of yet, it is just locked up in my pre-war Tech and rockin' it so far. I may if it truly gets bad and there is soap left, but I am hoping we can push through and the soap will die first.

C’mon Tony only 98 more you can do it!
iu

Missed a few shaves after my ER visit, but I’m up to 269 as of today.

Puck looks about the same as last time, I can see a bit more light through the middle though. No hole yet.

Well, if you both make it to 365 you’ll both get a gift I’m feeling Christmasy

Back