The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ultimate Minimalist Competition

TONY!

Job well Done! See the SOTD thread for Prize info Now how exciting to shave with "other stuff" LOL

Wow @OpusX that blade looks awful. I expect @Spider 's blade looks pristine and like it could go another year. The soap is definately gone, if you shaved with it tomorrow you would be using imaginary lather from a ghost puck. I have participated in the month of Willaims chalenge but unlike you I loaded like a hated it and took every measure I could to enure waste, all so I could make it disappear in a month. I don't doubt Williams' abilities but my best experiences with it were when I abused the puck, I can't imagine trying to stretch it out more than 40 days.

Looks like you have about 2 more months on that puck. The Spider Williams method works!!!
Nah, I'm guessing 2 weeks. That small piece at the bottom was one shave. it's super thin and very hard to use now.

Simply astounding! What are you going to use for your first non-frugal shave? I hope you enjoy a full luxuriant lather if you remember how to do it! 😁

For those still following along.... enter the contest:

379 shaves and the soap is gone! I actually had a tiny sliver left that I might have been able to use tomorrow, but it jumped out of my hand and I lost it. I think it went down the drain.....

So tomorrow, I get to use one of my favorite soaps. But which one is it? Still plenty of time to enter the contest. I will not reveal the soap until it's closed.

I was wondering what happens for you after you've been using a blade so long? For us normies who use a blade for a week or two before it starts feeling rough, it's hard to imagine how much worse the blade gets over that much time. Does the blade sort of stabilize and feel more or less the same at some point? Do you not experience the blade as rough?

Not being cynical here, just genuinely curious, as I just can't go that long on a blade before it's just unpleasant, though I've tried a couple of times.

I was wondering what happens for you after you've been using a blade so long? For us normies who use a blade for a week or two before it starts feeling rough, it's hard to imagine how much worse the blade gets over that much time. Does the blade sort of stabilize and feel more or less the same at some point? Do you not experience the blade as rough?

Not being cynical here, just genuinely curious, as I just can't go that long on a blade before it's just unpleasant, though I've tried a couple of times.
I assume it must feel much like getting a tattoo which we know KJ enjoys.

Back