The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ultimate Minimalist Competition

I forgot to take a pic of my puck, but it's 50-60% of the size of the last time I took a pic, by my quick estimation. So I should have at least 40-50 more shaves left. Will try to remember to take a pic tonight and weigh it as well.

Here’s my puck today.

CC181431-526C-46C8-B585-1C7A20A941D2.jpeg

I just weighed it, and it’s 24g. It started at 57g. So I'm down to 42% of the puck left. The math says I have 126 shaves left, for a total of 300 shaves! I don't know if i believe that though.... we'll see.

KJ and Tony....

giphy.gif

Was thinking of this thread yesterday. I was sitting on the couch in labor with a kidney stone and watching how it's made. The episode where they were making DE blades came on and they said the average life expectancy was 6 shaves.

they said the average life expectancy was 6 shaves.
I haven't ditched a blade after 6 shaves since I was in my early 20s. I'm now well over at least 50-60 shaves per blade. Often getting about 80 per blade with the GSB and the Wilki. Currently over 50 on an Astra Platinum.

Back