The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ultimate Minimalist Competition

Today was 102 for me. Still loving the Williams.
giphy.webp

@OpusX @heysi @dkeester
We all have now officially hit the 100 shaves milestone with both a blade and a puck of Williams. I wasn't on the zoom call last week for very long, so I will award the prize at the next zoom call. I'd like you all to be a part of the randomness for the selection. I have a question for you all, that I will ask you during the call if you can attend. If not, I'll PM you prior to the call.

Also, going forward, for transparency sake, if you are still using both your puck and your blade, continue to post your updates and shave counts here. However, if you give up on the blade, but are still finishing up the Willimas 3017, then post your updates in that thread alone.

Yeah....my blade got exactly 100 shaves and it was done. Now I'm having trouble with the new blade....I think I got used to giving a bit more pressure as the blade got near the end of its functional life and now I'm a bit heavy-handed in the morning. Received some of my first nicks and weepers in nearly 5 years. Slowly re-learning to let the blade do the work.

It's like you've returned from the space station, and the weights and pressures are all off.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I think I got used to giving a bit more pressure as the blade got near the end of its functional life and now I'm a bit heavy-handed in the morning.
I have had similar experiences when switching out long use blades for new. It really points out how accustom one becomes to a setup over time.

Yeah, at 101 the Gillette Platinum was really losing efficiency and I was getting nicks from it. I am now breaking in a Shark Stainless.

After that many shaves, a new blade is quite refreshing.

Back