The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TV Shows

The Gifted lately.

This is one of my favorite shows. It's a tad bit cheesy but I really like it. As far as Marvel TV Series goes...I am waiting for the new season of Agents of Shield. But wont start up until this summer.

I just fineshed the second season of The Punisher. Not sure I liked it better than the first season...but it was kind of like the Punisher on steroids as far as the action and violence goes. It was pretty good overall!

The wife and i binged on the Second Season of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. I won't get any man points for watching this show, but it's one that the missus and I enjoy a lot. I understand that it won't be for everyone...but this show has amazing acting and probably the best dialogue of any TV show I have ever watched! Some of the stars in nthe show are Rachel Brosnahan, Tony Shalhoub, Alex Borstein, and Kevin Pollack. Plus cameos from a host of other recognizable names. It won three Golden Globes and five Prime Time Emmys for it's first season.

Started in on Billions after seeing the previews several times. We’re 4 episodes in and I have to say if it stays like this I’m excited we’re like 5 seasons behind so we won’t run out of shows for some time.

Started in on Billions after seeing the previews several times. We’re 4 episodes in and I have to say if it stays like this I’m excited we’re like 5 seasons behind so we won’t run out of shows for some time.
I have wondered about "Billions." Seems like something I would like.

Currently watching Santa Clarita Diet on Netflix. Just a fun show.

Also started the second season of Cloak and Dagger. Yeah, it's a Freeform show...but it's Marvel...and it is WAY better than I expected. A little darker than what I expected on a station like Freeform and the acting is actually pretty decent for this kind of show. They also get a lot of things right about New Orleans. I mean...they get some things wrong too...but that is expected.

Also watching Warrior on Cinemax. Yeah, I know...you all can make your jokes. But it's a fun little martial arts show. If anyone was a fan of the show Banshee...this is done by the same guy. This is definitely not a kid friendly show though.

Lately I've been watching Corner Gas on Amazon Prime. It's pretty funny and it's one of the few shows that the whole family can watch together.

Lately I've been watching Corner Gas on Amazon Prime. It's pretty funny and it's one of the few shows that the whole family can watch together.

Okay...I might need to check that out. My sis-in-law introduced me to a Canadian show called Letterkenny. It looks like it might be in the same mold (generally) as Corner Gas. Though a bit more...adult. I honestly don't know what to think of it, but I can't stop watching. If I had to describe Letterkenny, I would say it's a lot like the movie Clerks by Kevin Smith...but instead of Jersey, it takes place in podunk Canada.

Little reminder for, who watches . Cobra Kai season 2, tomorow. Deadwood movie 31th, Ducktales season 2 continues may7th.
I'm very excited for getting closure on Deadwood story. At one point it seemed it will never happen, but now we're getting TV movie, set 10 years after. I take back most of bad things I said about HBO last 12 years. Well, most ;)

What Platform is Cobra Kai on? I remember seeing a preview way back, but never seen it anywhere.
It's on YouTube. First season was locked on YT premium, which doesn't exist any more... We'll see tomorow. As for the first season, I can check later what's available.

Recently been getting into The Crown with the missus. Very intriguing!

I can't believe there wasn't one mention of Breaking Bad! And speaking of Breaking Bad, the Better Call Saul spinoff is pretty good too.

Better Call Saul is one of the best shows ever made IMO. I like it more than BB, but of course without BB to set it up, it would be nothing.

Helena and I watched a couple of seasons of Billions, but it just started to feel too ridiculous at that point, and we haven't picked up on it since.

Right now, I'm really enjoying Barry, but it might not be to everyone's taste.

Recently been getting into The Crown with the missus. Very intriguing!
I watched the first season with the wife also when it first came out. I thought the production on that show was a amazing! Not sure why the wife and I haven't finished it yet.

It hasn't started yet...but tomorrow Starz is running their next Mini-Series in the Philippa Gregory based series...The Spanish Princess. Based on Gregory's books The Constant Princess and the King's Curse, the show is about Catherine of Aragon who I find one of the most intriguing people in history. Known mostly for being the first wife of Henry VIII. I will definitely be watching.

Back