The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TV Shows

Thats what you think it says...or can you read Kanji?

1f608.png

I personally cannot but a really dear Sensei I had was native Okinawan and he drew it for me many years ago.

I personally cannot but a really dear Sensei I had was native Okinawan and he drew it for me many years ago.

That’s good. I do always wonder how many folks walk away with just a “cool” tat that they have no idea what it says, and no way or thought to check...lol

The Wife and I just finished binge re-watching Leverage. If you like heist shows you definitely should check it out. It is around 80 episodes of awesomeness with Timothy Hutton leading a really great ensemble cast.

Last night we started binge re-watching Boston Legal. James Spader and Bill Shatner make one hell of a great team on screen. The supporting cast is also top notch. It is a great legal drama with some absurdity and dark humor thrown in.

These are two of my favorite shows. Other favorites include (in no particular order):
Scrubs
Battlestar Galactica (SciFi remake)
Burn Notice
Firefly
Justified
White Collar
House of Cards (Netflix)
Orange is the New Black (Netflix)
The Man in the High Castle (Amazon)
The Grand Tour (Amazon)
Bosch (Amazon - This is worth the price of one year of Prime on its own.)
The Orville
Star Trek (any series, but especially TNG)
Veronica Mars
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Angel

In this long list of shows I forgot to list one, well probably more than one.

I forgot to list Frasier!

This article is great and reminded me of my love for the show:
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/09/frasier-25th-anniversary-oral-history

I just watch Jack Ryan with John Krasinski on Amazon Prime. Fantastic show! Highly recommend it.

I just watch Jack Ryan with John Krasinski on Amazon Prime. Fantastic show! Highly recommend it.

It is on my list right now!

I started watching the Second Season of Marvel's Iron Fist on Netflix. I know it's not a favorites of a lot of people...but I like it just fine. Anyway...watched four episodes last night.

The wife expressed interest in watching the Ozarks. I have already seen the first season...but I think that it is binge-worthy enough that I can watch it again. I really want to get to the second season...so the wife and I might watch a good bit this weekend!

It is on my list right now!

I started watching the Second Season of Marvel's Iron Fist on Netflix. I know it's not a favorites of a lot of people...but I like it just fine. Anyway...watched four episodes last night.

The wife expressed interest in watching the Ozarks. I have already seen the first season...but I think that it is binge-worthy enough that I can watch it again. I really want to get to the second season...so the wife and I might watch a good bit this weekend!

I liked the first seasons of Iron Fist and Ozarks and will be watching those soon.

I watched the first season of Atypical on Netflix last night, second season tonight. Really good. About a boy with autism and his dealing with high school and family issues, and the family's drama. I'm hooked.

Having finished Star Trek TNG and it’s spinoff movies, I am now moved on to Don’s recommendation of Spooks.

It’s a bit of typical dry BBC plodding, but man is it emotionally heavy! I’m mostly enjoying it right now...

I think Star Trek DS9 or Voyager may be on the que after. I’ll need something with levity lol.

Having finished Star Trek TNG and it’s spinoff movies, I am now moved on to Don’s recommendation of Spooks.

It’s a bit of typical dry BBC plodding, but man is it emotionally heavy! I’m mostly enjoying it right now...

I think Star Trek DS9 or Voyager may be on the que after. I’ll need something with levity lol.

Glad to see you enjoying it! I was sad to see it go...but I guess most shows don't make it to 10 seasons so it had a good run!

Just finished Spooks Season 2 Episode 5...DAMN.

This show is like a a glorious train wreck you can’t pull your eyes from watching.

I’m sure I’ve posted this here before, but I’m going to say again The West Wing is the best writing and editing I’ve seen still to this point. I’ve watched all the seasons fully through three times. Once when it was originally one. Once when I got the DVD set and once when introduced my wife to it. When I was home with my kidney stone I started it again, and just watched a few episodes this morning. Many of the episodes still get the emotions going.

I just finished watching The Haunting of Hill House. A great show, although, I didn't really care for the ending, it was still a nice ride. I did not find it scary or unnerving at all, as it was previously described by others. As I said, I've got a huge tolerance for that sort of thing. I do think that most folks would find it scary on some level. If you like creepy ghost movies, this is a good watch. It's a Netflix series with 10, hour long episodes, so set some time aside for it.

Been a while since this popped up so I figured I’d give it a little bump.

Slowly been watching a number of series’ over the months since Spooks finished. The latest has been a little bit of Star Trek: DS9 and more recently I’ve dived into Westworld.

Westworld is actually what made me pull this thread back up. Season 2 episode 8 is a stand out of masterful storytelling for the series so far. I could do without the HBOified stuff (thank goodness for the fast forward on video streams) but the rest of the series so far, as I catch up to the latest season finale, had been pretty engaging. They’ve been doing some pretty mindwarping storytelling otherwise this latest season, but this one I just mentioned really stands out.

I tried watching Westworld before, and by episode 3 I was bored. I couldn’t get into it.

Then an I have it another shot. I bought seasons 1 & 2. This time I loved season 1. Season 2 was kinda meh. I was looking for more mystery, within the world.

I tried watching Westworld before, and by episode 3 I was bored. I couldn’t get into it.

Then an I have it another shot. I bought seasons 1 & 2. This time I loved season 1. Season 2 was kinda meh. I was looking for more mystery, within the world.

*Possible Spoiler ahead*

Don't get me wrong season 2 is not quite the magic season 1 was - there’s some predictable stuff that happens, it’s more of just a slaughter everything season, and the messing with time/chronology thing is a bit off putting. Episode 8 just happened to be a gem I felt.

*Possible Spoiler ahead*

Don't get me wrong season 2 is not quite the magic season 1 was - there’s some predictable stuff that happens, it’s more of just a slaughter everything season, and the messing with time/chronology thing is a bit off putting. Episode 8 just happened to be a gem I felt.

yeah, the time thing is weird. And gets confusing towards the end. I watched the whole season straight through, so I don’t even know what 8 was.

yeah, the time thing is weird. And gets confusing towards the end. I watched the whole season straight through, so I don’t even know what 8 was.

The one about the Native American-ish host everyone is afraid of, possibly the first host to be “awakened”. The story of his finding the door, searching for his lady friend, and trying to figure a way out, etc.

The one about the Native American-ish host everyone is afraid of, possibly the first host to be “awakened”. The story of his finding the door, searching for his lady friend, and trying to figure a way out, etc.
Ah, ok. That was good.

We have been getting caught up regular TV shows. Madam Secretary and The Gifted lately. They are all on our DVR just waiting to be watched.

Back