The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

Finally showed up from India. I’m 110% sure it’s a knock-off
View attachment 79565
Nice. Yep, the one I bought was certainly not authentic either, but that's ok, for what I payed, I did not expect it to be. I bought 4 watches from India, 3 showed up, one is being sent now (I hope). All were different brands but all had vintage mechanical movements placed into new, aftermarket cases with new, aftermarket faces, and new crystals. Not authentic, but I like and enjoy my new Feiko. (y):)

IMG_20220322_181737071.jpg

I got a call from a friend today, and I have a container with maybe a couple hundred? watches incoming on Monday. She volunteers at a local thrift store. For the last few years, every time a watch has been donated, it was simply tossed in this container in the back room.

She asked me to go through the container and let her know if any of the watches have any significant value. Those will get auctioned on their eBay store, and the beaters will go to their table at the local flea mall and sold for whatever they can bring.

I'd be surprised if I find anything besides beaters, but who knows? My friend hopes there will be 1 or 2 watches that will make it worth the effort. If I find anything that's interesting, I'll post photos. I look forward to seeing what she has.

She said I could purchase anything I wanted for myself. I'm positive I won't find anything. :unsure: :LOL:

I got a call from a friend today, and I have a container with maybe a couple hundred? watches incoming on Monday. She volunteers at a local thrift store. For the last few years, every time a watch has been donated, it was simply tossed in this container in the back room.

She asked me to go through the container and let her know if any of the watches have any significant value. Those will get auctioned on their eBay store, and the beaters will go to their table at the local flea mall and sold for whatever they can bring.

I'd be surprised if I find anything besides beaters, but who knows? My friend hopes there will be 1 or 2 watches that will make it worth the effort. If I find anything that's interesting, I'll post photos. I look forward to seeing what she has.

She said I could purchase anything I wanted for myself. I'm positive I won't find anything. :unsure: :LOL:
Here’s hoping for at least one gem!

Dude, I’d take some working beat up automatics to learn with.

Dude, I’d take some working beat up automatics to learn with.
Just got some initial photos. Won't see the watches in person until Monday. Certainly can't see everything, but not seeing much of interest so far.

The request to me from my friend came out of left field. These aren't mine to gift or sell. Just thought my fellow watch nuts would get a kick out of seeing what's in the container.

Watch Container 1.jpgWatch Container 2.jpg

My wife bought me this one at Disneyland, but when I opened it the rotor wasn’t even attached. Called them up and they said there were no more and I could return it. But they called from Florida when they got the return to let me know they got more in so here it is!
127A5535-5796-435E-B5AF-852B447B7A5F.jpeg

That +300 would get you the one you want in the TAG Connected and you will have all the watch faces you need until you buy the Seamaster

Back