The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

Fyi TSC Horologists! We have been threatened to have our thread shut down, in reality @CVargo is worried that, like cigars, the CEC will enable him…..again…. As he did not think he would get into cigars

This is a cry for help from Chad, so send him good thoughts, photos, sales, etc. he did indicate he would love to see things via e mail, pm, regular mail, and social media. Lets give him the gift of time, items he can pass down to his children, and the gentlemanly class of wearing a good timepiece. He is requesting all of our help

513f1b3a03476787791f01a800a5038f.png

Instead of buying new screws or a movement to sacrifice, I got some magnets and found the screws I lost on the carpet. Had some difficulty getting the crown back in and ended up taking the movement apart again and assembled it with the video. Lost a screw again, but the magnet saved the day. In the end, the small movement isn’t working even with a new battery. But the big one is and the new crystal is a winner. So I’m leaving good enough alone.
4D4D3B0A-1AA9-4363-A99A-4448403BAF02.jpeg

Instead of buying new screws or a movement to sacrifice, I got some magnets and found the screws I lost on the carpet. Had some difficulty getting the crown back in and ended up taking the movement apart again and assembled it with the video. Lost a screw again, but the magnet saved the day. In the end, the small movement isn’t working even with a new battery. But the big one is and the new crystal is a winner. So I’m leaving good enough alone.
View attachment 79497
So it sound like without full disassembly of small movement and repair that , if you want that part of the watch to work then it would be easier to buy the inexpensive replacement movement and change it out.. I'm glad you were able to find the screws and to get it back together though.

Back