The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

did you not take pictures like I told you to??
You missed the story. I was just going to lift a bridge to find the button to removed the crown and two screws caused a release of all those parts.

That sure looks like it
There are plenty of pictures available online that may help you figure out where those pieces go. That was actually the 1st pic that came up when I put in miyota quartz. I hope you get it figured out . if you don't I will try to find you some more pics if needed. Good luck..

Is Jaro the reason I was just downstairs from 2:30-3:30 am working on the watch? Tangentialy. Was I successful? Partially. Finally got the pieces into place. Man that was finicky. They don’t nicely slide into spots like the nicer watches. They sit in place by a angel’s and fly’s breath. But I got them all in place, was trying to get the first screw started and ZING there it went flying somewhere. That’s okay, I’ll get one screw in just to hold everything in place. Messing trying to get it into place. ZING there it goes. Now I need a couple of Miyota screws and a pair of tweezers with a wider tip.
69460FD5-1273-41BD-94ED-B1E98BD71438.jpeg

Is Jaro the reason I was just downstairs from 2:30-3:30 am working on the watch? Tangentialy. Was I successful? Partially. Finally got the pieces into place. Man that was finicky. They don’t nicely slide into spots like the nicer watches. They sit in place by a angel’s and fly’s breath. But I got them all in place, was trying to get the first screw started and ZING there it went flying somewhere. That’s okay, I’ll get one screw in just to hold everything in place. Messing trying to get it into place. ZING there it goes. Now I need a couple of Miyota screws and a pair of tweezers with a wider tip.
View attachment 78951
Sorry about the screws. If you have a magnet go over the area you think they went and it should pick them up. Also sorry about you having to go do it at that time of the morning!! Maybe if you have a watch repair shop locally you could go to them and see if they have some extra screws from misc movements that they would be willing to part with.

Oh also BTW sometimes eyeglass screws also fit as replacements in certain places. Like the ones from those little eyeglass kits from dollar tree... Might be worth a look and see. Good luck...

Back