The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

Welcome to our Web of Time

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

This is my 1961 manual wind Bulova His Excellency dress watch. It had a few scuffs when I got it.

View attachment 74278View attachment 74279

It now has a refinished dial and a replated case. The lug was reattached, and the crystal was replaced. The movement was serviced and eventually swapped out for another Bulova movement. Finally, a new strap, crown, and buckle were added. It's a special piece in my collection as it belonged to my Bride's Dear Uncle Bill.

View attachment 74280View attachment 74281View attachment 74282
Absolutely stunning!

Trouble I’m already seeing is once you get away from the main brands, I have no idea what’s inexpensive vs just cheap.

@NurseDave should get one of these. Citizen Eco-Drive with World Time (i.e. Atomic Clock connectivity).

This may surprise you, but it’s a rare circumstance when I have to calculate aeronautical fuel usage.

These are pretty. I was trying to tempt @BarberDave with these earlier. Maybe @NurseDave would be tempted by them too???

These are pretty. I was trying to tempt @BarberDave with these earlier. Maybe @NurseDave would be tempted by them too???

Nah. I’m into seeing the gears or elegant modern look.

Back