The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

This is my 1961 manual wind Bulova His Excellency dress watch. It had a few scuffs when I got it.

1.jpg2.jpg

It now has a refinished dial and a replated case. The lug was reattached, and the crystal was replaced. The movement was serviced and eventually swapped out for another Bulova movement. Finally, a new strap, crown, and buckle were added. It's a special piece in my collection as it belonged to my Bride's Dear Uncle Bill.

3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

This is my 1961 manual wind Bulova His Excellency dress watch. It had a few scuffs when I got it.

View attachment 74278View attachment 74279

It now has a refinished dial and a replated case. The lug was reattached, and the crystal was replaced. The movement was serviced and eventually swapped out for another Bulova movement. Finally, a new strap, crown, and buckle were added. It's a special piece in my collection as it belonged to my Bride's Dear Uncle Bill.

View attachment 74280View attachment 74281View attachment 74282
Wow Charlie! Quite the treasure heirloom piece! 😍

Wow Charlie! Quite the treasure heirloom piece! 😍
Thank you, Chris. I had it restored in 2011. Uncle Bill was like a second Dad to me. I am honored to have his watch. I like the classy looks of this one. Bulova made some beautiful watches over the years.

Not familiar with that brand. They have a website?
Yes just type in winner automatic watch and it'll pull them up..
look at Steinhart Ocean-One Ceramic. German company, Swiss ETA movement

View attachment 74379
I will have a look at those.
PROBABLY a Chinese movement, but that's not necessarily a bad thing..... I'd wear one in a green dial in a heartbeat! So now I'm off to look into it!
Yes it is Chinese movement I believe.. They do have green ones. And they are not very expensive either so might be good for knock around...

Back