The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

6df4a528aef8f7d09fc9153e250b4926.jpg

No Mouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey there, hi there, ho there......It's Watch Wars!!!!

(in the interest of not getting sued by Disney....let me first say I love all things Disney. I watch all the movies.....all the tv shows......been to all the American parks.....and have plans to go to the foreign ones as well......please don't slap a cease and desist on me....I'm just having fun)

Created in 1928, Mickey Mouse has been the standard bearer for the Disney company and in 1933...the first Mickey Mouse watch appeared in stores......let's see if our contestants have any of these classic watches.

First up is our (other) resident Disney fan....Dave of the ok.....he may be a bit more of a fan....he spends big bucks on Disney shampoo variety:

af6bda93-f558-423a-b1a8-68bc9056b27b-jpeg.112965

Wow!! Mickey silhouette. That's a really nice variation on the standard Mickey watch.....This could have passed as a Dress watch for yesterday's contest....very nice. I also like the art deco look of the bezel....very 1930's. Dave sets the bar extra high.

Our next Mouseketeer should have been Mark....of the Rock N Roll Goofy variety:

But he bowed out of today's competition. Bummer. I was hoping for a repeat win from him with a Mickey Diver's watch. That would have been awesome.

Up next is Rich.....of the he still holds a torch for Annette variety:

image-jpg.112970

Cool. Another variation of the standard Mickey silhouette....more of the relaxed stance. But not so much with the Mickey hands. Still....this one is pretty sweet. The red is quite stunning. And the gold accents are sharp looking. Very nice.

Here's our next entry....it's Dave of the he still holds a torch for Cubby variety:

1686671812988-gif.112974

Ok......talk about next level. This is awesome!!! It's got the classic Mickey.....he's using his arms for the hands.....and he's tapping his toes. MOVING MICKEY!!! I may have to look for one of these for myself....or maybe not.

Here's Ed....of the Mouse? I thought you said Mousse....and he was delicious variety:

Ed also doesn't own a Mickey watch....but I'm sure at one point in his life he did......Ed should buy himself a new one....he deserves it. He's been a good boy this year.

Well, now it's time to say goodbye....to this here competition for the day.....today's winner is......

@BarberDave

The moving Mickey Mouse stole this one from @NurseDave (and sent me down a rabbit hole for a possible birthday present).

Join us tomorrow when our theme will be.......Sports watches.

Watch Wars!!!!! Sports edition!!

Does it look fast? Does it represent your favorite team? Does it make you feel like an athlete?

Well, this is the competition for you......bust out that sweet looking watch and let's do this!!!

First up is Ed....of the Lean, mean scoring machine variety:

1f56365d649e3704f6c7004671094f06.jpg

Well, Ed knows how to anger the judges on the opening whistle. No matter how awesome this watch looks (and it does) its the colors that send this one to the penalty box......RED CARD.....unneccessary roughness of the officials.....5 yard penalty and loss of down.

Next up is Dave of the I score from every corner of the field variety:

292aa307-a729-44a3-b9a7-b33ecf65d167-jpeg.113028

Oh...very nice. Dave went with the sporty look since we all know that all his other sports themed watches are of an offending color scheme....this young competitor has learned his lesson. But wow...this is a cool look. I like the brown bezel....it doesn't match with the face at all...but it works. The racing stripe is uber cool. I bet Dave can get up to 45 MPH in this set up.......of course, he'll signal before pulling into traffic....because...safety!

Here's our next competitor...its Dave of the Sport is for gentleman....'round here we play games variety:

img_1200-jpeg.113030

Hmmm....interesting. This is a different take all together. It doesn't immediately scream out Sport to me....plus Dave has worn this watch 8 times this week (and its only Wednesday). I think someone is in love.....

That being said....the watch is really nice. The baby blue goes really nicely with the stainless......and I do like the screws on the bezel. Dave's other watches may get jealous of this one....it really looks nice.

Our next contestant is Rich of the I'm sleek and speedy....just like the ladies like variety:

image-jpg.113035

Again...Rich is always thinking outside the box (if ya know what I mean?). This counts as a sport watch......it also covers the alarm, 24 hour, digital and stopwatch categories. Rich is like the swiss army knife of Watch Wars competitors. Gotta love Rich......and I think we all do.

Ok.....I have my Stanley Cup cup filled with some water and my sandwich is ready so let's declare a winner today....

@NurseDave

I really like the look of his watch. Dave knows to avoid the infuriating colors and that will help you with a possible win. In short....be like Dave.

Well, that's all for today, join us tomorrow when our theme will be.................Second Hands (Rich's digital watches will not be able to compete tomorrow.....he can wear them all he wants because I'm not the Boss of anyone....but, you know).

If we have learned anything from this competition, it's two things.

1. Steven could probably do a pretty good stand-up set if you combine his sense of humor with his lack of control around beer.
  2. His colour blindness is worse than mine.

We may want to start Looking for a new Judge. ( Red Card really )

We need to run that last play thru Instant Replay.

We may want to start Looking for a new Judge. ( Red Card really )

We need to run that last play thru Instant Replay.

I agree he’s a little too biased against the color orange

Back