The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

ahhhh. back to Game Show.

This watch and brand really does not need any introduction as a "Car Watch" However we all know WHO we have as our game show Host Mr. No-watch McNumbers.... He tries however and is so adorable trying to navigate the Science of Horology.

Anyway... Tag Heuer, Carrera. Iconic and made after the legend that is the Carrera PanAmerican Race in Mexico, and its ties to Porsche

So for today

05.22.2023.jpg-

Wow that was the ultimate Suck up. I nod my helmet to you Mr. Andretti, but as we know the Tag Heuer Formula One compared to the Tag Heuer Carrera is like Fritos to Doritos. There is just no competition. LOL
I dunno, I have numbers for every hour. You know how our judge likes those ❤️

Gentlemen........start your watches!!!

Today's race is for the championship (of today). The race length....24 hours.....the course.....the TSC of Le Mans Las Vegas!

Our first competitor has pulled on to the track...

It's Dave...of the sandy desert off-road variety:

05-22-2023-jpg.111569

This little number (which it doesn't have!) is really sporty. It's got the fuel efficency....it's got the power under the hood......but how can you tell what your lap times are if there's no numbers??? Sure, it's got lots of numbers all over its face....but not where a watch needs them. I do like the colors. Easy to read...which you need when you're going 80 MPH and all your trees are coming apart all over the highway......a fine entry.

Our next speedster has entered the track...

It's Dave....of the extra hilly street course variety:

88f06978-f8a1-4cb2-bd1c-44ec7c57cdf7-jpeg.111583

Hey, look at that....two similar cars on the track......This car is sleek (very much like it's driver)...this car is stylish (very much like it's driver)....this car is huge (very much like it's driver....you are taller than me) But wait.....do I see numbers??? That can't be true.....yes....yes, there are numbers.....at least the numbers you need when you're going this fast. But hang on....there's no second hand??? You can't be laying down fast laps when you can't keep track of the seconds.

And bringing up the rear....but moving up fast....

Its Rich....of the Never blown a tire...not even in college variety:

image-jpg.111588

Wow...... Thats's a sweet looking ride. Again....no numbers...but that looks like a really fast watch. I love the face. Very nice.

So, I got bothered by people needing something and I had to do this race quickly.....

So the winner is....by a bumper.....

@Majorrich

I'll say anyone of these 3 could have taken the checkered flag......it was really close.

Tomorrow's theme......Blue!!!

Also there wink if you know how to use a tachymeter scale on the bezel is indicated speed from two measurable points

Geeze the auto newbies. What is the world coming too

Back