The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

04bfad769d14fd6e20894bc63e930029.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't have a pic of me wearing it right this second but I'm wearing one of these today... I am not home right this sec. I'm picking up the kids and can take the pic when I get home.So this is a stock pic of it...
il_794xN.4529941837_qs0r.jpg

Nope. What happened was I picked the watch and put it on for today's theme and took it off for a second before I left the house and got in a rush and left it sitting on the counter at home. But I was wearing it today and that's why I have to wait until I get back from picking up the kids.. I didn't want to.miss another theme because of picking up the kids.....

Blue Moon.....Blue Hawaii......Blue food (why is there no blue food?)

Welcome to Watch Wars: Blue edition!!!

Like a deep blue ocean or a perfect clear blue sky......it's the color of life on this Blue Marble we live on....let's see what our contestants have brought for us today...

First up is Ed....of the True Blue variety:

9509b745f376e4bd12c935a914f054d0.jpg

Wow!!! Ed understood the assignment. Blue face....blue bezel.....it even says sapphire on the face!!! I like this one. It's got numbers....not all of them but still.....Top Notch watch.

Up next it's Rich.....of the Blue Bayou variety:

image-jpg.111635

Ok...That's kinda cool. No numbers......but the face really stands out against the metal case. Can't say I don't like it. Rich always impresses.

Third up is Dave......of the Blue Lagoon variety:

d4b47a07-822b-47f8-b673-9fe09133564a-jpeg.111637

Hang on.....I'm seeing double (and I don't drink during the work week)......I've seen this before....but where? Jeez...who knew that Rich and Dave were so close that they could coordinate their watches? (anyone that went to the TSC Con...that's who). This one has a darker shade of blue and the case is shiny instead of matte...also no numbers. Lets hope the judges don't have to decide between these two watches....the complaining will be endless (well....more than usual).

Next we have Dave....of the Blue Monday variety:

05-23-2023-jpeg.111639

Ohhhhhhh.....Sa-weeet!!! Once again, Dave uses his knowledge of my love for all things NASA to sway the judges......and he ain't wrong it doing so. Cool looking face....matchy matchy band.....solid entry!!

We have a new contestant....it's Mark....of the Blue Heaven variety:

img-2261-jpg.111641

This is cool. Looks to be Pantone 294.....also known as Dodger Blue!!!! A bit of blue on the band...also cool...kinda matchy matchy. No numbers......boooo. Nice to see a new contestant.....and he brought a stunner of a watch. Awesome!!

And our final contestant for the day....its Jimmy....of the For You Blue variety:

il_794xn-4529941837_qs0r-jpg.111645

This is a fine looking watch....but the lack of an arm makes this a problematic entry. I won't entirely disqualify it.....I'll make this one exception......let's not see this infraction again, shall we? I like the face...very blue. The band looks extra pinchy....again...no numbers!!!!

Ok, the judges have seen enough and they're cranky from forgetting the leftover pizza so here's their decision:

Today's winner is......... @MarkB

I really like the face on that one and the Dodger Blue put it over the top (take note @NurseDave )

That's all the time we have for Watch Wars.........see you tomorrow when our theme will be.......................most expensive watch you own.

Does anyone else wonder when Steven will realize the vast majority of watches he sees posted here do not have numbers at every hour mark like some Playskool My First Watch? Maybe a certain Vegas-soaked judge has been reading a digital display to see what time it is for far too long.

Oh...and the lack of numbers doesn't really factor into the judging......I'm just getting on you guys about it for comedy purposes.

This is what my watch looks like......

017-motorola-one-5g-ace.jpg

...get with the 21st century, grandpa.
BLASPHEMER. IT IS A CHAD!!!! I knew it they are the ANTI-HOROLOGICALCHRIST!!. A really dumb one based on having to have numbers on a watch, but Anti-Watch Beelzeebub none the less

Pray Gents Pray

Judging tomorrow is going to be very challenging. Half the competitors (well, really just one) have decided to besmirch the entire judging panel with hate filled comments. Jeez....someone sure is cranky when he lets his dog run his life and not his wife like the rest of us.

Judging tomorrow is going to be very challenging. Half the competitors (well, really just one) have decided to besmirch the entire judging panel witb youh hate filled comments. Jeez....someone sure is cranky when he lets his dog run his life and not his wife like the rest of us.
This was a peaceful corner of the Forum, wonder of Horology. Then you barge into my house and turn it into a Carnival of Game Show antics, and very poor attempt at comedy, with no knowlege of the subject. I mean anyone who uses their phone rather than wear a watch, really, are we @CVargo? You speak of my dog,... Dangerous as we will be back to Vegas some day, and as @Majorrich will attest "El Doggo" is not one to mess with, so YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, and he has your scent, he wont graby you by the hair mind you..... Well.. he really couldn't anyway. As to my wife, indeed I am the lucky one, she is good with what I do and only rolls the eyes now and then, when she knows I am talking to @NurseDave , or @CVargo , or @Majorrich .

Anyway I digress, and to put the final nail into you I shall drink a Coors beer from the nice authentic Beer Glasses you gave us. Well, and for you.... :D

:D :D :D :D :D

giphy.gif

Back