The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

Haven't worn this in a while. A pre-invasion purchase.
Ya, I'm torn. I've run across some older Russian pieces I've thought about getting but am torn on it. It's not like buying something new and supporting their companies in today's time.

8992aadde565ac369fb808f23efd1660.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya, I'm torn. I've run across some older Russian pieces I've thought about getting but am torn on it. It's not like buying something new and supporting their companies in today's time.
I totally get that. I have this Amphibia and one Komandirskie. I was planning to buy a few more with different styles, but then the invasion happened. Now I hesitate to even wear them because I don't want to show support for Putin's war. It would be easier if the watches weren't excellent time pieces that beg to be worn.

Hang on......did @Majorrich order a watch and get it delivered in about 2 hours? That's some pro level clicking on the mouse button there sir.

I figure since I’m not invading any small countries and my name does end in Bond, I don’t need that much precision.

I did order it a couple of days ago. After the Lume shots. I am feeling a bit let down that it has a Miyota instead of a Seiko movement as advertised.
Rich you do know that Seiko sources this movement from miyota right? As are many Seiko branded movements being miyota not
To mention Miyota is owned by citizen. The NH35 Seiko movement is essentially identical to the NH35a that is in that watch. It is the most indistructible Japanese movement made. I would not be so hasty

Back