The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

Unsure of how to wear this one yet. When I took it out of the box it was on the bracelet and heavy. Weighed in at almost 200g where my Omega is 150g. And the latch on the bracelet seems a little less than robust. So I switched it to the strap this am and it’s under 100g. I like the causal look of it. But it does make an already thick watch stand even more proud from the wrist. And it feels like a rock on a string when putting it on it taking it off.

The watch itself it nice. The date numbers alternate between orange and white. And both the day and date have a satisfying sharp audible snap to them when being adjusted. The bezel is the same with industrial level firm clicking.
D14DBB0E-5F17-4355-8DDA-AA74F9706357.jpeg

Unsure of how to wear this one yet. When I took it out of the box it was on the bracelet and heavy. Weighed in at almost 200g where my Omega is 150g. And the latch on the bracelet seems a little less than robust. So I switched it to the strap this am and it’s under 100g. I like the causal look of it. But it does make an already thick watch stand even more proud from the wrist. And it feels like a rock on a string when putting it on it taking it off.

The watch itself it nice. The date numbers alternate between orange and white. And both the day and date have a satisfying sharp audible snap to them when being adjusted. The bezel is the same with industrial level firm clicking.
View attachment 88204
The watch thickness is the main thing that’s kept me from buying Spinnakers or others with the NH35 or similar movements. They look good but they’re monsters!

A few incoming Horological DooDads today @NurseDave @dkeester

Omega: MoonSwatch. As most of you that went to Las Vegas know I had been waiting on the Mission to the Moon version for some time, and my "I know a Guy" in the bay area found this, as apparently Tucson, a cit of 1.5 Million, is too much of a hillbilly town to have Swatch store. So the pluto version became avail in San Fran and my brother Dave snagged it for me. I figured it matches my car and I really like the cream colored dial. VERY LIGHT but good overall quality on 1st inspection. It is quartz and they really took all the measurment que's from the Speedy, as they are dead on, the Strap gives homage to the straps worn on the Apollo missions.

07.09.2022 3.jpg

On the Wrist:
Omega Pluto.jpg
Next up was a Sneak Enablement by @dkeester and the Pagani Brand. A typical homage company but with Seiko ad Miyota movements which are some of the best workhorse movements in the biz. Inital opinions and looks were great all solid stainless steel, screw links ( no pushpins ) micro adjustments and automatics. I have been looking at a minty dial for some time and this one is nice on the wrist and seems to be of fantastic quality based on fit, finish. Time will tell. bit so far so good

Pagani 1.jpg

On the Wrist:

pagani mint on wrist.jpg

Lume:

Pagani Lume 1.jpg
Well, it is no doubt I am an Omega Fanboy, and I also appreciate homages as well. I Already have 2 Speedies both the original moonwatch, and a Gemini model, and am loking at a 3-dial Chrono Seamaster, as well as a 1968 vintage as well. That being said one of my Favorite in the Omega Lineup is the "James Bond" Series, and the watch that was worn in "No Time to Die" A Seamaster Broad Arrow. It has a very vintage diver look with accents that are Golden Brown, a mesh bracelet and looks awesome on a NATO strap. Well lookie here! An homage yes, bit a very close approximation that I wont feel worried about wearing everywhere and is roughly 9500.00 Cheaper. Again however the fit and finish is Extremely nice along with all packaging.

Pagani NTD Homage .jpg

On the wrist:

Pagani NTD on Wrist.jpg

Lume:

Pagani NTD Lume.jpg

This watch has two features none of my other watches have. It’s so poorly made that you can hear the ticking above most of the room noise which can be very calming if you’re susceptible to hypnotism. The adjustment is also very sensitive and loose. So when you’re setting the time even though it has hacking, the time often moves a few minutes either way when you push the crown in. This is nice for reminding you that nobody should be too stressed out about things happening at an exact time 479A2BCA-E535-422F-A21C-1010834714C1.jpeg

Back