The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Smoke Lounge

Thanks Rich, it was recommended by a wise gentleman that I know to get an inexpensive MM to start with, so I did (y). I also got a shiny one that caught my eye too lol.

Breezy, sunny day in the high 60s, enjoying a small Acid Krush Madiero on the patio. It's a relaxing Sunday in Pittsburgh, smelling the lilacs and hearing birds sing. Life is good. :)

You mean I wasn’t supposed to be inhaling all this time?! I thought Escudo carried a heavy nicotine hit!

PSA if your pipe lighter gets hot from sitting in the sun or accidentally leaving it in the car in Arizona(this is how i found this out) it turns into a mini flame thrower, even on the lowest setting, and uses ALL of the fuel really fast. in case you didn't know lol.

Also stoplights seem to know you need to stop so you can relight with a match and just stay green or turn green very fast. lol

@Majorrich anything special about smoking that meerschaum other than cleaning it out really well after?

Not really. All I did was after smoking, let it cool then wrap a paper towel around your finger and wipe it out (fairly gently) Alternatively, the snowman poop I packed the pipes in is exactly the right size to wipe it out. ever, ever ream out the bowl! Wiping it out with the paper towel will do. Eventually the meerschaum will start to pick up a little color. Handling the pipe is a huge contentious point. Some guys advocate wiping the outside with beeswax.
oh! Big deal! Only turn the stem clockwise when taking out or installing the stem! There’s a plastic ferrule that’s threaded into the meerschaum and you don’t want to back it out accidentally. That one actually is pretty important. The other stuff is to avoid building up cake in the bowl.
aside from that, Meers are super cool in that you can smoke multiple bowls back to back without moisture problems. That part is super cool!

Just want to bump this thread

I hope that things will open up soon around here so I can make it down to the cigar lounge. It's been a while since I have had one.

Enjoyed reading about the pipes and pipe tobacco as well.

There is a pipe club that comes down to the lounge. I think it was every other week they would meet up. Maybe I'll try to get down there on a pipe club night and try to learn more about them.

Been reading up and shopping around the last few days about pipes.

Found out that Washington is one of the few states that you can't order pipe tobacco on line? :mad:

So I made a trip to a pipe and tobacco store on Tribal land and came back with:

2 missouri meerschuam pipes
Tamper tool
Pipe cleaners
1oz of Lane BCA
1oz of Lane 1 Q

Tried them both today. Need some work on my pipe bowl loading skills. Seemed like I had to relight them about 8 times each.

It was a nice relaxing experience. Of the 2 I think I liked the 1 Q better. But both were good.

Back