The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Smoke Lounge

Opened my first tin of Frog Morton’s today. Aged with a piece of wine barrel. Took a flier when they went out of business. If I knew it was this good I would have cleaned the place out.

7AAB0025-8C93-4172-B437-69A284314CF5.jpeg

Frog Morton’s used to be really good. I’ve not bought but a little since the restart.

Mail call!
Who remembers candela cigars? ...you know, the GREEN ones (like It. Col. Henry Blake smoked in M*A*S*H) that were super popular in the 1950s-60s.

Now I consider myself a non-smoker and a fitness nut (who runs ~25-30 miles per week), but I do enjoy puffing on a good cigar around the backyard bonfire or other suitable outdoor gatherings. I've always liked these throwback candela (green) cigars for their mildness and just for their vintage appeal. Arturo Fuente "Flor Fina 8-5-8" is a PREMIUM smoke that I love to keep on hand in the summer months.
Just got these in the mail today!!!
Ahhhhhhhhh!
20200706_181502(1).jpg

Smoked some Lane Black Cavendish last night.

The scent of the tobacco itself is one of my favorites. That and Lane 1Q so far.

I can't quite describe the flavor perfectly. Maybe black licorice sprinkled with 5 star spice. But there is another flavor in there as well. Seems to take heat well. No worries about it biting your tung.

Very enjoyable. Will pick up some more when I get the chance.

Called up the Country Squire and have some stuff arriving Monday in their attempt to get something close to my McClelland that I like. But I might just 3017 this Frog Morton Cellar.

D25A0224-F0E7-4AD6-8F1B-319C39D3F7DC.jpeg

Tried some of the Lane Dark Red today.

What attracted me to it, is its cherry pipe tobacco.

I enjoyed it, but not sure that this blend is something I would want smoke all the time. It's more of a nice change of pace.

Anyone else here like cherry pipe tobacco and have a recommendation?

I’ve tried some flavored tobaccos, but try to limit using them to my Cob. It could be me imagining it, but they tend to leave residual flavors.

I’ve tried some flavored tobaccos, but try to limit using them to my Cob. It could be me imagining it, but they tend to leave residual flavors.

I'm just getting started. So I've got 3 cob pipes.

Also have a Dr. Grabow pipe. But I haven't used it yet. Thinking I may just dedicate it to haunted book shop.

Back