The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Smoke Lounge

I went from a fairly big Humidor for me anyway ( 150-300 sticks ) and went to a 6-10 micro humidor, as much as I smoke I find it easier to keep the conditions more precise and if I need a few more sticks I just go to the cigar store and get them. I had an issue with my humidor and hygrometer and mold formed, after a water issue, and I lost about 200 sticks, Some that cannot be replaced and rendered the case unusable. Now it houses remotes and DVD's
HAHA great news! After I posted this I call one of the local cigar shops and spoke to someone about the Humidor and the non-distilled water and mold incident. After a nice discussion, and since the shelves, all the cigars, the humidifier were tossed almost 10-yrs now, the Spanish Cedar can be wiped, along with the inside and new shelved installed ( if I can find them ) and just re-season and humidity the humidor and we are back in business. Since it has been about some years since I quit smoking, and tossed all my pipe stuff ( the cigar stuff was long since gone ). I tired to stay away from anything smoking related, but due to YOU hooligans ( Yes @NurseDave and you @OpusX ) not to mention the "pipers". I dabbled again. buying just one container of pipe tobacco and just a few sticks. Fortunately it has not brought back any want or desire to smoke cigarettes again, and with the good news of the humidor..................

Time to fill it up! Off to the Cigar Store I go..... doo da doo da. and right back into that deep rabbit hole. Now if I could just find that Xikar Torch lighter and Multi tool I put away, LOL

giphy.gif

View attachment 57494

Good to know I have been a positive influence, under the circumstances.
I had resigned to just getting a travel humidor and maybe 10 sticks at a time, but noooooooo.

giphy.gif

and with the humidor begin salvageable it would be a waste of prime cigar real estate...... Ya... thats it LOL

Last edited:
HAHA great news! After I posted this I call one of the local cigar shops and spoke to someone about the Humidor and the non-distilled water and mold incident. After a nice discussion, and since the shelves, all the cigars, the humidifier were tossed almost 10-yrs now, the Spanish Cedar can be wiped, along with the inside and new shelved installed ( if I can find them ) and just re-season and humidity the humidor and we are back in business. Since it has been about some years since I quit smoking, and tossed all my pipe stuff ( the cigar stuff was long since gone ). I tired to stay away from anything smoking related, but due to YOU hooligans ( Yes @NurseDave and you @OpusX ) not to mention the "pipers". I dabbled again. buying just one container of pipe tobacco and just a few sticks. Fortunately it has not brought back any want or desire to smoke cigarettes again, and with the good news of the humidor..................

Time to fill it up! Off to the Cigar Store I go..... doo da doo da. and right back into that deep rabbit hole. Now if I could just find that Xikar Torch lighter and Multi tool I put away, LOL

giphy.gif
Just good to know you’ll be ready for when we come visit.

Found that the Store Sharon gets her Cigs at just so happens to have a Rather Large Walk in Humidor, with an impressive selection, so I picked up a couple ( SHE told me so it is all her fault ), LOL. just a few things today including a new lighter since I cannot seem to find my Xikar, so a new Vector Quad Torch, and has a nice built in Cigar punch. The actual humidifier will be in tomorrow. Sharon bought some high end cigs so all is well. The good ( or bad ) news is, it is only 5 mins from the house Ruh Roh A couple of Padron Anniversarios, a few Arturo Fuentes , Perdomo, and a couple of Acids (Dunhill). A Blondie and Blondie Maduro

HlGsMIOl.jpg

@BarberDave that’s awesome! Sometimes I get concerned that the influx of new rabbit holes to throw money into will dry up. And just then you find another one. :D

Blondies are actually a pretty good after dinner cigar. Not an all day sucker like those dad burned Nubs.

Friends dont let friends smoke Acids. They are the peanutbutter whiskey of cigars. :ROFLMAO:

Then again they do have a frag heavy infusion, and this is a shaving board....so if you want to smoke Pinaud Clubman have at.😋
I had to try, and yes I will stick to the classics, LOL but had to try, Normally I like some Dunhills but these ehhh ok for a quick smoke

I had to try, and yes I will stick to the classics, LOL but had to try,
Oh I get it, and have been there. If I recall my review from years ago "it tastes like smoking a lawyers shirt". I also recall trying Lars Tetens (a similarly super fragranced/flavored cigar) it was equally bad. Stick with the Padron 64s or 26s, thats the good stuff.

Back