The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Smoke Lounge

Oh I get it, and have been there. If I recall my review from years ago "it tastes like smoking a lawyers shirt". I also recall trying Lars Tetens (a similarly super fragranced/flavored cigar) it was equally bad. Stick with the Padron 64s or 26s, thats the good stuff.
Ya there is so much new stuff out there since I used to smoke cigars it is almost overwhelming, LOL

Well, I recently heard about seasoning a humidor. Makes sense and I never did anything with mine that had sat forever than throw a Boveda pack in it. Decided to do things right and Friday I have a couple of seasoning humidity packs coming I'll use 2 packs from then on out. Also was surprised to learn that it can take 4 weeks for a cigar to adjust to a new humidity environment. Which makes me think my old sticks need to sit around for a few more months once I get them in the right environment.

I am doing that as we speak, have the sticks on cigar bags with Boveda's until everything stabablizing as I just added a new hygrometer and Xikar humidifer. I hope to have the cigars in the actual humidor by this weekend, as I bought a few I would have to see dry out, LOL

Years ago, when I outgrew the ammo-canadore and moved to the igloodor I bought a hygrometer at Radio Shack and it has lasted great! I do keep the cigars in their boxes when possible. It took a bit of settling in, but it’s stayed at ~60 for years.

I am doing that as we speak, have the sticks on cigar bags with Boveda's until everything stabablizing as I just added a new hygrometer and Xikar humidifer. I hope to have the cigars in the actual humidor by this weekend, as I bought a few I would have to see dry out, LOL
and I should note aside from the Humidifiers, I am seasoning with a new sponge in distilled water for about 5-days to get the humidity up to 70%, which is always a tough number to maintain here in the Gobi Desert

Well…. I bought it so I might as well smoke it. Much better than the regular Blondie, but a “MINO” (Maduro in Name Only) for sure. At least it is a quick smoke

EA4A06BF-834E-43D2-82D9-91863BE6A473.jpeg

It has been a few years since I have had a cigar or puffed on a pipe. Mind you, I was a VERY occasional user of cigars and only had a pipe for a few months, so I am sure I never got to appreciate either properly. I have a carved meerschaum from Turkey in a display hutch and might give it a go later on down the road but not sure about cigars.

Been seeing guys that “retrohale” to get a lot more flavors from a cigar. Any of you experts able to do that? I can’t seem to figure it out.

BabaDebbit. If you can get your hands on some food grade propylene glycol, mix it 50/50 with distilled water. It has what is called a partial vapor pressure of ~70% in solution. Especially from sponges, water crystals or florist foam. It puts your humidors in cruise control. Just add a little distilled water occasionally (more so if you are prepping the cedar.

Back