The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Smoke Lounge

I use Holts and JR cigar. Sometimes I buy locally at the cigar lounge.

Saturday they had a My Father event and boxes were 20% off.

Just had a bit of a "duh" moment last night. I was thinking how all the cigars I've bought recently taste better than the ones that have been "aging" in my humidor for 10-20 years. Realized that cigars have a prime age and they can be too old. Thinking instead of mellowing, it might have made mine harsher because they weren't stored properly all that time? I didn't keep up the humidity in the humidor during that time. Which is a bummer because there are still a few Cubans in there.

Good conditions are the key. Granted smokes do peak for sure, but as someone who has been luck enough to smoke some Dunhill and Henry Clay per-embargo smokes, they can still be good, but mostly extra light and frankly, not worth it in my opinion.

I also have some 10, 15, 20 plus year sticks stashed away. Time has done well for some of the old powerhouses (original Opus X up to 2008-ish, La Flor Dominicana) others seem to have lost something. I guess the old adage of "smokem if you gotem" holds up :ROFLMAO:

I went from a fairly big Humidor for me anyway ( 150-300 sticks ) and went to a 6-10 micro humidor, as much as I smoke I find it easier to keep the conditions more precise and if I need a few more sticks I just go to the cigar store and get them. I had an issue with my humidor and hygrometer and mold formed, after a water issue, and I lost about 200 sticks, Some that cannot be replaced and rendered the case unusable. Now it houses remotes and DVD's

Back