The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Smoke Lounge

Anyone have a torch lighter they like that’s reliable? Mine have always been hit and miss after the first refill.
If it is an issue with refilling, sometimes they airlock, try turning upside down and depress the nozzle a couple times with a pen or other blunt object to purge any air then try to refill.

Don't really have a good recommendation for you for a new one.

Some lighters are really sensitive to the fuel you use. I’ve had pretty good luck with Vector butane. The only downside is it comes in a huge can. (Well, pretty big anyway) I’m not sure what it means, but being triple refined must have something to do with it.

If it is an issue with refilling, sometimes they airlock, try turning upside down and depress the nozzle a couple times with a pen or other blunt object to purge any air then try to refill.

Don't really have a good recommendation for you for a new one.
Thanks. I knew about this and tried it. Then watched a YouTube video about it and found out I wasn’t purging long enough. Got one of my two torch lighters working like a champ.

Ok experts, getting close to time to order some more cigars. There are approximately a gajillion new brands since the last time I was into them. What would some suggestions for mild-medium body sticks with Connecticut wrapper?

Ok experts, getting close to time to order some more cigars. There are approximately a gajillion new brands since the last time I was into them. What would some suggestions for mild-medium body sticks with Connecticut wrapper?
No opinions?

Now he's taking to himself.

No opinions here. I enjoy cigar but don't know enough about them to pick out. But I can say yup this one or nope.

Those look tasty!!!
Nat Sherman used to be one of my go-tos. I’be been prejudiced against short cigars recently, but I’m getting low so decided to take care of two shorties in the humidor. Turns out one lasted just long enough for some enjoyment without spending over an hour outside and didn’t saturate me with so much stink.

Back