The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Smoke Lounge

Hey TSC Cigar Afficionados!

Join us for a special Drinks & Daves Live show on Tuesday September 19th at 6pm as we are very Excited and happy to have Tim Swanson the owner of Cigar Daily , a brick & mortar cigar shop and lounge in North Phoenix, and YouTube host of Cigars Daily

Hope to see you in the Barfly Lounge!

Last edited:
@heysi I know you dont smoke, but you need one of these based on artwork alone

Very good 1st cut and Launch with the Room 101 Tobacco Naut Robuston 5x50

opens with toasted marshmallow and graham and a nice Creamy Chewy peppery smoothness

09.15.2023.jpg
Initial Rating ( 1st Cigar )
  • Presentation
    • Wrapper 4/5
    • Band 5/5
    • Firmness 2/3
    • Oils 3/3
  • Smoking Character
    • Light 5/5 Toasted Marshmallow on initial light
    • Burn 9/10 Even Burn & Good ash
    • Draw 8/8 perfect Draw
  • Flavor
    • Consistency 9/9 Cream and Develops with just a hint of continued Marshmallow with Cedar, Pepper & Graham
    • Flavor Quality 8/9 A bit stronger for a Connecticut but wonderful profile, a tad stronger than expected develops nice on 2nd 3rd
    • Smoothness 8/8 Creamy Chewy and a nice oily thickness on the palate with nice retrohale that really bring the woodiness / Thick smoke
  • Overall Impression
    • Quality of Blend 11/12 : Ecuador Connecticut / Mexican Binder / Nicaraguan Filler
    • Flavor Progression 8/8 Excellent
    • Finish 5/6 A bit bitter at nub as expected
    • Speed of Burn 4/5 Total smoke time 1.5 hrs
    • Price: 4/5 $9.00 a stick
  • TOTAL RATING 92/100

Last edited:
I do. I was surprised because with all the showmanship I was expecting something more powerful. It was mild and smooth to me. What was odd is one of the box-pressed edges had a sharp 90° angle to it. Never seen that before.
Did you get thethe green tea flavor? And a little bit of a grassy note? Glad you liked.

Did you get thethe green tea flavor? And a little bit of a grassy note? Glad you liked.
I’m not at that level yet. I’m a too harsh > this is mellow enough and smoke comes out > hey I get some nice taste/smell from this > too strong/peppery. Though the last black swan I had I got some chocolate notes from. That I dig.

Back