The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Smoke Lounge

Really like the looks of your Kirsten pipes. 👍

I may have to get at least one for my collection.

How do you like them compared to other pipes?
To be blunt, Kirstens are the reason I enjoy pipes. There is no tongue bite, no moisture in the stem, no stopping to swab out the pipe mid smoke. They are simple and cool to smoke allowing you to just enjoy the tobacco. I have traditional pipes, and they are beautiful works, but none of them smoke the way a Kirsten does. I'm sure people disagree, but if you haven't tried one, I highly recommend it.

So very excited for this one. A new to me, mid-70s Kirsten Lancer in Western Satin finish, with an XL briar bulldog bowl. This thing is so pumpkin orange it is perfect for the season. First smoke is GL Pease Gaslight. Hopefully it kills the remaining aromatic ghosts in the bowl.

20200924_105541.jpg

To be blunt, Kirstens are the reason I enjoy pipes. There is no tongue bite, no moisture in the stem, no stopping to swab out the pipe mid smoke. They are simple and cool to smoke allowing you to just enjoy the tobacco. I have traditional pipes, and they are beautiful works, but none of them smoke the way a Kirsten does. I'm sure people disagree, but if you haven't tried one, I highly recommend it.
Never smoked a Kirsten, but interested now in them now, lol. Just what I need...:LOL::LOL:

Just looked at their website and see that they are only 1 mile away from where I work.

So I will have to stop by sometime on the near future to look at them in person.

I like it a lot.

I'm kind of new to the pipe scene. So I can only compare it to my mearschuam cob and Dr. Grabow pipe.

Seems to burn cooler than either of those. Feels good to hold onto and has a bigger bowl. I figured I got 40+ minutes out of the Frog Morton smoke yesterday.

Back