The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Smoke Lounge

Stopped by my local humidor today!

Picked up a couple of:

Arturo Fuente (Hemingway Series) "Short Story" / Perfecto - Cameroon wrapper - ...for for a brief midsummer night's dream!

Macanudo (Cafe Series) "Prince Phillip" / Churchill - Connecticut wrapper - ...for a long, full, rich, yet delightfully mild weekend!

20200814_130034.jpg

Last edited:
So I’ve got an estate Meerschaum on the way with a small variety of leaf.

What is the general recommendation for a lighter? Soft flame is good right? Will a Zippo do the trick? Don’t want to put out too much right away.
IMO, a Bic lighter and a long dull nail will do the trick. You want to scrape, but not scratch the pipe when cleaning. You'll need pipe cleaners as well. Yes, a soft flame only for a pipe.

I'm sitting on the patio, a comfortable 61 deg F, enjoying a Romeo & Julieta 1875 cigar. Just finished coffee roasting indoors. Life is good! :)

I liked that one also, not my favorite, but a very good smoke.

What are some of your favorite English blends?

I picked up the Stokkebye proper english and C & D Pirate Kake today.

From the reviews I read. I decided to go with the proper english first.

Thanks

I've heard the Plum Pudding is a good smoke.

I'll have to look into those 2 others that you mentioned.

What are some of your favorite English blends?

I picked up the Stokkebye proper english and C & D Pirate Kake today.

From the reviews I read. I decided to go with the proper english first.
I'm still fairly new to pipes so I haven't tried a very wide variety of stuff yet and I don't really have a lot of favorites yet. I do have and like the SPC Plum pudding. I also have an aromatic English from Sutliff, but don't like that one as well.

Back