The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Family Pets Thread

That's a lot of spiders. While I don't mind them if they aren't bothering me my wife hates them and is convinced they follow her

Sweet collection of horror there KJ. How often do they have to eat and how long does it take to feed them all?

wowzers.... that must keep you quite busy taking care of them. im shocked u have time to wet shave! LOL

If I'm not mistaken, tarantulas can be kept healthy on just a few crickets a week. My scorpion liked small goldfish better than crickets, but still usually one feeding a week was all she needed. Snakes can be anywhere from once a week to who knows. My big one had gone 6 months refusing to eat a couple of times, other times she would eat every two weeks. I think the longest reported time between meals for a snake was for a green anaconda that went 2 years between meals.
Both are really fairly low maintenance pets.

Ok, I just know you guys have been waiting for this update. I have 60 tarantulas. Yup, you heard that right. I’ve downsized a bit, used to have over 100.

Here is where i keep them.

And here’s a few pics of some of the individual spiders. After seeing the variety, you’ll understand why I have so many.

N-32

Many of mine are tiny babies:

Unlike dogs, which are all the same species, just different breeds..... all of these spiders are completely different species. I just find them fascinating.
I Always wanted a tarantula but the wife said she would leave me.

Sweet collection of horror there KJ. How often do they have to eat and how long does it take to feed them all?
All depends. Usually about once every week or two. In the winter, with cooler temps they get fed less. Takes me about 30 minutes to feed them all.

wowzers.... that must keep you quite busy taking care of them. im shocked u have time to wet shave! LOL
Takes no time at all. They are very low maintenance, about one step above a pet rock. I don't like to keep pets that are high maintenance, because I'm pretty lazy about it and prefer it to be simple.

If I'm not mistaken, tarantulas can be kept healthy on just a few crickets a week. My scorpion liked small goldfish better than crickets, but still usually one feeding a week was all she needed. Snakes can be anywhere from once a week to who knows. My big one had gone 6 months refusing to eat a couple of times, other times she would eat every two weeks. I think the longest reported time between meals for a snake was for a green anaconda that went 2 years between meals.
Both are really fairly low maintenance pets.
Yup, that's why I like snakes and spiders. Their care is super easy. I can go away for a month and not need to worry about anyone needing to come in to care for or feed them at all. My cat and the fish however are a pain.

One of our cars helping watch the turtles during tank cleaning.

Did Dave talk you into that?
No we have been talking about it on and off for a couple years and we went into our local ACE for a completely unrelated purchase last weekend and found out that they were about to get in a whole bunch of chicks over the next month or 2. After looking things over we decided to go ahead and try it.
Ducks or chicks!
Chicks! and each one is a different breed.

Our cats are broken. They don’t like to snuggle except in the middle of the night where they tend to end up where your legs should be.

Back