The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Family Pets Thread

@CBLindsay we have a cat that is a little special. Vet said she has the equivalent of down syndrome but for a cat. And yes we paid for the stupid test to confirm something wasn't right. Gotta love her... The wife that is.

But my point even the special one goes crazy when the treat bag is shook. But she's also afraid of outside. But will chatter at birds through the window. You open the door or window and she feels her life is in jeopardy though.

Of course, during all of the howl and prowl nights, you weren’t ever attacked by a bear 🐻!
No...but i’m The one that has to catch the mice and bugs because the darned thing won’t finish the job. She shows just enough interest to make my wife aware “we” have a mouse or whatever but when it comes to actual follow through she gives up early. She has definitely decided my daughter is her human and we all suffer when she feels abandoned by her human. I am allergic to the cat so if she gets in my chair or jumps on my lap I enjoy the extra pleasure of sneezing, wheezing and hives. Cool thing I learned though is if I take a shot of baking soda and water right away I can shorten the event. The cat seems to know I am sensitive to its touch and will occasionally go out of its way to rub against my legs and jump into my lap when I’m sleeping in my chair.

When I first met my wife she had a Seal point Siamese that was LOUD and super attached to her.

@CBLindsay we have a cat that is a little special. Vet said she has the equivalent of down syndrome but for a cat. And yes we paid for the stupid test to confirm something wasn't right. Gotta love her... The wife that is.

But my point even the special one goes crazy when the treat bag is shook. But she's also afraid of outside. But will chatter at birds through the window. You open the door or window and she feels her life is in jeopardy though.
At least my skinny pig, rabbit and big dog go crazy for food and treats. I was just wondering if cats these days weren’t all that crazy about food any more.

Love that dapple color.

Thanks! His Lighter colors are getting more gray as he ages (he just turned 11). But most people wouldn't even know because of the dapple pattern. For the most part he is not your typical dachshund...he is way more mellow. But his colors have always been commented on and people just love him!

Thanks! His Lighter colors are getting more gray as he ages (he just turned 11). But most people wouldn't even know because of the dapple pattern. For the most part he is not your typical dachshund...he is way more mellow. But his colors have always been commented on and people just love him!

Our red one is 9 and he has a ton of gray. The black one is 16 and she hardly has any.

Our red one is 9 and he has a ton of gray. The black one is 16 and she hardly has any.
Your dogs a really good looking for their age! We had a black and tan wiener dog, Lucy, who passed away a couple years ago at 12. While she got some grey...she definitely didn't look her age. Our Lab Mix...Allie...when we first got her (around four months or so...she was a rescue) she was black as black can be. Not a spot of white on her. Now at six years (we think) the whole underside of her jaw is gray and so is her belly. It's just weird how it happens!

Back