The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Family Pets Thread

I had that conversation with a 4h kid once. He had his prize rabbit and I asked him if i5 was a fur or eating rabbit. Perfectly innocent and reasonable question. I got in big trouble with Mama.

I'm not a huge cat guy (mostly because in the past I have been allergic to some of them and they tried to put me in the hospital) but these cat pics are super cute. There is only one issue with them. I feel like they are silently judging me! 🤪

No photos just a question for all you cat folk (i'd say "owners" but we all know cats own you not the other way around). When I was a kid we had a couple cats...well, my brother had ONE cat for along time and I had one cat for some of that time. I remember that we would essentially "free feed" by keeping food in a dish by the door and the cat would just go in and out whenever it wanted as we would open and close the door. As kids we no doubt opened and closed the door a lot but the cat would also ask to go out whenever it wanted. Even with the food dish full of food and the free access to all the birds and lizards outside we could grab the bag of "Crave" (I think it's called Whiskas now) and shake it and that cat would come running. Fast forward to today. We have a cat (siamese of some sort...ask my wife), it gets fed a scoop of food at night and doesn't have food out the rest of the day. It's not like we WON'T feed it during the day but it doesn't seem to care about the food and we usually just leave whatever it didn't eat overnight out for it to eat during the day. We started the "feed at night" thing so we could trap it in a particular part of the house because the siamese thing would prowl the house howling ...sleep all day, howl and prowl all night. I dislike cats to begin with so the howl and prowl put it on the list to join the outside cat. The cat is mostly an inside cat ...unless it escapes outside to eat the outside cats food (the same food that is in the bowl inside only its outside) and roll in the dirt before howling at the door to come back in. Oddly enough, I realized this stupid feline is SO aloof and irritating that it will NOT respond to the rattling of food inside the bag or in the bowl. Every other cat I know of will risk life and limb tearing around corners to attack the food bowl at the mere hint a morsel of food may have been dropped into it but this irritating beast doesn't give me the satisfaction of acknowledging I have spent a months worth of a third world mans wages on an 8 pound bag of its premium food. Is my cat abnormal or is this a new trend in feline behavior?

No photos just a question for all you cat folk (i'd say "owners" but we all know cats own you not the other way around). When I was a kid we had a couple cats...well, my brother had ONE cat for along time and I had one cat for some of that time. I remember that we would essentially "free feed" by keeping food in a dish by the door and the cat would just go in and out whenever it wanted as we would open and close the door. As kids we no doubt opened and closed the door a lot but the cat would also ask to go out whenever it wanted. Even with the food dish full of food and the free access to all the birds and lizards outside we could grab the bag of "Crave" (I think it's called Whiskas now) and shake it and that cat would come running. Fast forward to today. We have a cat (siamese of some sort...ask my wife), it gets fed a scoop of food at night and doesn't have food out the rest of the day. It's not like we WON'T feed it during the day but it doesn't seem to care about the food and we usually just leave whatever it didn't eat overnight out for it to eat during the day. We started the "feed at night" thing so we could trap it in a particular part of the house because the siamese thing would prowl the house howling ...sleep all day, howl and prowl all night. I dislike cats to begin with so the howl and prowl put it on the list to join the outside cat. The cat is mostly an inside cat ...unless it escapes outside to eat the outside cats food (the same food that is in the bowl inside only its outside) and roll in the dirt before howling at the door to come back in. Oddly enough, I realized this stupid feline is SO aloof and irritating that it will NOT respond to the rattling of food inside the bag or in the bowl. Every other cat I know of will risk life and limb tearing around corners to attack the food bowl at the mere hint a morsel of food may have been dropped into it but this irritating beast doesn't give me the satisfaction of acknowledging I have spent a months worth of a third world mans wages on an 8 pound bag of its premium food. Is my cat abnormal or is this a new trend in feline behavior?
Of course, during all of the howl and prowl nights, you weren’t ever attacked by a bear 🐻!

Back