The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Well when the body is on the way out, you gotta be able to hang on to something! Congratulations!

If I didn't know better, I would swear that SWMBO swapped out my Mystic Water for Modern Williams soap this morning; both are "MW" 🤪. The lather was dissolving and disappearing on my face as I was applying it.

Post-shave, I figured out that the problem was not enough product, which makes sense, as the brush was clanking on the dish sides while loading so I stopped too early. Hmmmm, maybe that's what's wrong with Williams for me as well. :unsure:

I did make a test lather afterwards and, yup, loading properly resolved everything.

For the past many many (many!) months, I've used my P.160 in a shave stick only, so the past few days with loading Mystic Water's sample as a puck has been a re-learning experience for me. Swapped out to the Chubby 2 synth this morning and BOOM! 🕺💃, loaded super quick and face lather was a joy. I would guesstimate that my sample should last well into next week.

@beginish and his synthetic Chubby 2 ramblings are to blame, say I! :love:

tenor.gif

For the past many many (many!) months, I've used my P.160 in a shave stick only, so the past few days with loading Mystic Water's sample as a puck has been a re-learning experience for me. Swapped out to the Chubby 2 synth this morning and BOOM! 🕺💃, loaded super quick and face lather was a joy. I would guesstimate that my sample should last well into next week.

@beginish and his synthetic Chubby 2 ramblings are to blame, say I! :love:

You're welcome!

Proof that 3017ing is a bad thing and should be avoided at all cost.

Beat me to it. I'll go out back and get the tar and feathers.

First shave with Shaving Yeti's Mamacita on the Rocks. A nice mellow cooling when lather is applied on the face, but the wonderful margarita scent that exists on the puck/stick doesn't carry over to the lather.... or I've quickly gone nose blind while lathering.

As should be expected from a glycerin shave soap, lathering was super easy and it was indeed slick.

Yeah, it ain't pretty. I scraped a bunch of the soap and pressed into the container and then only nuked a small amount to pour in in order to fill in any gaps/pockets.

With a few hours on my hands yesterday, I transplanted the knot from my Omega 599 (the silvertip version of the Mighty Midget) into a beautiful handle that Steve (@Graydog ) made for me from a maple that used to be in his backyard.

Just gave it a test lather using a bar of old school laundry soap and it seems to have turned out very well.

Back