The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Three weeks left to go in my working life. 💃 🕺 💃 And next week is a short one with Labour Day :love:. After that, I am physically back in the office for the penultimate workweek as the lady I will be training does not have a laptop to use at home and I cannot RDP into my normal machine, as that was/is her normal machine. Depending on how progress with knowledge transfer goes, my last week might be remote or in the office. Hoping for the former, but anticipating the latter.

My wife's birthday is tomorrow and, yes, it's a big one that ends in a "0" and Wednesday marks the 23rd anniversary of our 1st date. It's going to be a busy first half of the week. :cool:

Last edited:
Sam is being graded on his performance for this birthday!

Big week ahead! Happy birthday to the missus and happy anniversary to the both of you! May there be many more of both!

Well, it looks like holding the surprise birthday party the day before her birthday was a hit! :p:D:cool::D:p

Family in our small social bubble came by and she was totally shocked. I had picked up some party decorations (all with her age stamped on them!) and we had Italian wedding cake (one of her favorite desserts) as well as lasagna, chicken & goat rotis, quinoa salad and loads of wines.

Outside of her being super happy to see her sister, niece and nephew and eat and drink until her belly was full, the next best thing was me being able to dump off the yucky Forty Creek SPIKE Honey Spiced whiskey on the niece for her to dump off at another friends later on. :ROFLMAO:

Wifey and her sister are now facetiming with other sisters in the US and Trinidad and laughing away.

I'll mark the day's fun as a win in my book. It's hard planning a surprise party when you and your wife both work from home and almost never leave the house without the other. It was worth it though. My wife deserves much more than the Cheetos, coffee, crackers, and 6 kit kats I gave her as a present. :ROFLMAO:

Base line score A+, points deducted for not including the cadre, final score A. Not bad Sam.

I just don’t get the whole “honey” whiskey etc. As a cocktail mix maybe but straight up? Not for me...

Back