The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

But still. And reasons.

Plus you can shave it off in wacky patterns.

Welcome back from your exile Sam. Glad to have you back in the land of the clean shaven.

Garden work has officially begun. Brought out our little electric tiller and spent a bunch of time prepping our 5 box gardens and 2 open ones this afternoon. We compst in two garbage bins with air holes drilled, so I dumped them into the main large bed. The far end is the oldest compost and has broken down quite nicely with almost no stink, while the near one has the slimy goo that reeks to high heaven, as well as a bunch of stuff that really isn't ready to turn into the soil yet, but hey, whatchagonnado? 🙂

The tiller mulched it all in quite nicely and now all I need is some seed to get rocking.
94CCD9B1-0AD3-4C27-BC43-5664239D8FB0.jpeg

Last edited:
I am thankful for small things today.

Yesterday, we went to the garden centre after work and picked up tomato (heirlooms + roma), 3 type of hot peppers, various herbs, and seeds fo lettuce, beet, carror and bok choi. Little did I know that the timing could not have been better, as after-supper planting provided a much needed distraction for my wife and I from the bad news of the day.

Sometimes little things make all the difference.

Back