The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

You got this Sam! This last month worth of honing your skills under home quarantine has come down to this! Game on! :cool: (y)

Seriously Sam all the best and congratulations on making it this far 👍

Now then, when is the garden going in ?
To early for most stuff?

Yes, still too early for planting. , May24 Victoria Day wknd is when it's planting season up here. Anything earlier, no matter what the current weather is like, and you run the very real risk of an overnight frost killing everything.

Not too much going on as far as shaving is concerned. Still plodding away with the Pitralon soap 3107ing and still growing the old dutch whiskers.

Chesswise, I should have two new tournaments starting over in late June. The first is the First World Zone Team Tournament. The correspondence world is broken into three zones, comprised of team in the region: EUROPE (by far the largest and strongest), AFRICA/ASIA (the smallest), and WORLD (everyone not in the other two). There will be 13-17 teams, which will mean 12-16 games.

The second will be one of the strongest tnmts I have played in to date, the World Championship Semi-Finals, on par in strength with the Finals of the Olympiad. I should have my IM (International Master) title in a few months and am now in the hunt for the SIM (Senior IM) title, which is just below the GM (Grandmaster) designation. I'll get there someday .... I hope ... maybe.

Oh man, it's a battle at the top between you and Commander Muljadi!

I played double boards -vs- the US. Drew both games on board-1, with a win and a draw on board-2.

This doesn't mean Canada is stronger than the US; far from it. Your top player team would crush ours. The super big guns don't often play in the "friendly" team matches. To put our two countries' strength in perspective, I am #6 in Canada but would be only #32 in the US.

Back