The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

After a night of tossing and turning while trying to get in at least 20-30 mins of sleep each time, it was a 7am shave with no elliptical workout as we were finishing meal prep for an afternoon pot-luck outing to support one of my friends who had a remembrance / celebration of life for her husband who passed away a few months ago. We met him just a few times, but he was a friendly chap who was very easy to get along with. After a few hours at the lakeside and catching up with some folks I had not seen for 10+ years, they headed out on the lake to sprinkle his ashes while most non-family or super close friends made their way home.

Aug.04 ASD2/Derby(1) ................. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Aug.05 ASD2/Derby(2) ................. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Aug.06 ASD2/Derby(3) ................. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

Shave-3 with the Derby this morning and, while it was a nice and easy shave, it's not as good as the Astra SP. Is it bad? Nope, it's more than adequate for a quick shave if you're not looking for BBS (which I do not).

A simple 2-pass shave this morning (NS-SN is my norm) provided a simple result to kick off the day. Temps have dropped a little, which is great, as I was sweating up a storm moving the lawn with our old reel mower yesterday. We'll pick up a new mower once the end-of-season sales hit.

A simple 2-pass shave this morning (NS-SN is my norm) provided a simple result to kick off the day. Temps have dropped a little, which is great, as I was sweating up a storm moving the lawn with our old reel mower yesterday. We'll pick up a new mower once the end-of-season sales hit.
Mehx10

Aug.07 ASD2/Derby(1) ................. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Aug.08 ASD2/Derby(2) ................. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Aug.09 ASD2/Derby(3) ................. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

A no-workout early shave today as it was the executive meeting of my chess club from 10am-noon to plan for the upcoming year/season, which starts in September. We run during the school year from Sep-Jun and take Jul/Aug off.

Other than that, not too much else planned for today. In other words .... meh.

Swapped over to my 37C this morning with a fresh Derby blade. End result = nice and smooth, easy peasy shave. Head shave again this morning with the Schick Xtreme3 (2) after 3 day's growth and another 2-pass comfortable shave with that as well.

Bridge club this afternoon! Woot!

Bridge was nice yesterday and we had lots of fun for just over 2 hours. Today's shave was nice, but neither as much fun as bridge nor as long a duration.

Aug.10 37C/Derby(1) ................... Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Aug.11 37C/Derby(2) ................... Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Aug.12 37C/Derby(3) ................... Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

Early no-workout shave this morning, as we will soon head out for mid-morning eye exams. Save-3 on the Derby was nice and easy , but 3 is enough for the blade.. Strangely, the Derby seems to pair nicer with the slant than with the ASD2.

Aug.13 ASD2/Derby(1) ................. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

Today's shave was nice enough but a little awkward due to me doing too much yard work yesterday and regressing my right arm strain. Managed to put in a head shave with the Schick Xtreme3 for the third use of this cart, which was pretty good.

We're having some family over for an afternoon get together to belatedly celebrate our nephew's 37th bday. Lots of veggie dishes already cooked up by my wonderful wife.

Back