The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

It was a very nice day on the water yesterday, but the mackerel were scarce to be found. We did hit a school of them but by the time everyone got two or three casts in, they were scared away by pollock.
D565323A-3A25-4843-AAFC-C1339D2BA09E.jpeg

The boys I was out with…
C656E3D5-8B34-47AE-AE79-A03C1B491289.jpeg

Today’s shave was …. well, this is a supply your own meh-worthy details day😜

It was a very nice day on the water yesterday, but the mackerel were scarce to be found. We did hit a school of them but by the time everyone got two or three casts in, they were scared away by pollock.
View attachment 91419

The boys I was out with…
View attachment 91420

Today’s shave was …. well, this is a supply your own meh-worthy details day😜
Did I not send three pics of this yesterday (redundant anyone?) 😂

Today’s shave was …. well, this is a supply your own meh-worthy details day
I choose to relive his shave from July 17th. A particularly meh shave that doesn't stand out from the others at all.

Jul.17 ASD2/Personna(2) ............... Chubby-2 synth .... Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

A morning shave today because, well, because any shave before noon, even just minutes before, is still a morning have, right?

To my eye, nothing is more majestic than a tall ship under sail. Most of my childhood was spent on coastal New England. It was always a big deal in Connecticut when the USCG Eagle set sail on its academy training missions. This was before they put that awful orange stripe on its hull.

Looking to be a wet day today, but you never know if the wind will shift and bring bright sunny skies in a few hours.

In any event, it’s time for my post shave pre-fab oatmeal and instant coffee once again. I don’t think that I mentioned that aspect of the coffee yet. Oh well, can’t have everything, I suppose. 🤷‍♂️

Looking to be a wet day today, but you never know if the wind will shift and bring bright sunny skies in a few hours.

In any event, it’s time for my post shave pre-fab oatmeal and instant coffee once again. I don’t think that I mentioned that aspect of the coffee yet. Oh well, can’t have everything, I suppose. 🤷‍♂️
Instant coffee works in a pinch. :) Hope the sunny skies find you soon.

Back