The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Well, as you guys should know by now, I don't throw away shaving stuff .... and this was a gift from my niece a few years ago. 🙈🙉🙊

The small travel can of Dove shave gel is getting pretty light. Hopefully that means something, but I haven;t had my coffee yet, so I'm not sure what it is. 🕺

This is definitely a situation where if you are determined to use this "gel" that likely will cause cancer...then use it as quick as possible. I suggest over loading...is that a thing with shaving "gel?" What ever that means... :p

My Dove shave gel is done. 6 2-pass shaves from 42g = 3.5g/pass which is bang on for the 3-4g per "shave" (i.e. pass) estimates I have read about. As much as we turn up our noses as gels and such, it was a better performing product for me than the Shaving Yeti and the TTFFC soaps, even though they both had much better scents and were not as messy to use (i.e. I could use a brush with the soaps).

Working on the Williams as of this morning.

My Williams has has a few days with a Chubby synth, Shavemac 2-band, and a Yaqi Sagrada. Lather was serviceable but pass-2 was still problematic. Grrrrr Williams.

I'm suspending my Williams 3017 to perform some testing on a mystery soap package that came in the mail today. Of course, being who I am, the testing will be done using the 3017 approach, for better or for worse. 🤪

My Williams has has a few days with a Chubby synth, Shavemac 2-band, and a Yaqi Sagrada. Lather was serviceable but pass-2 was still problematic. Grrrrr Williams.

I'm suspending my Williams 3017 to perform some testing on a mystery soap package that came in the mail today. Of course, being who I am, the testing will be done using the 3017 approach, for better or for worse. 🤪
tenor (3).gif

I was going to mention how glad I am that folks still practice Wet Shaving Asceticism, but post #330 crushed me. :cry:

In about 10 years of 3017ing, I think that I have interrupted the process only twice before. I'm pretty dedicated when it comes to using soaps.

After 14 shaves on a Personna in my Injector (standard amount for that blade), I switched over to my Red Tip with an Astra SP. Lots of little red dots on my chin as well as needing to bring out the styptic pencil for a small nick there as well. I blame the turkey+stuffing food coma rather than my inattention for this morning's fiasco. 🕺 Of course, this HAD to happen on a glorious day where I might get to meet TSC's Supermodel for a second time.

TSC has a Supermodel?! I didn't see that in the Ts&Rs! ....
It's true! He is acutely aware of the impact of his looks upon others, and generally doesn't publish pics of anything other than shaving gear. Otherwise, we would just sit there wide-mouth gawking in awe at him rather than posting.

Back