The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

It's part of a series I was requested to write; I'll see if I can find a way to grab screen prints that are legible for all y'all.

I also received an invitation today to join the Canadian team in the Correspondence Chess Olympiad (i.e. olympics). Of course, I accepted immediately; it is an honour to represent one's country, whether it be in the Olympiad or a simple friendly international match.

It's part of a series I was requested to write; I'll see if I can find a way to grab screen prints that are legible for all y'all.

I also received an invitation today to join the Canadian team in the Correspondence Chess Olympiad (i.e. olympics). Of course, I accepted immediately; it is an honour to represent one's country, whether it be in the Olympiad or a simple friendly international match.
tumblr_n3n5p6ePBB1rsxqqio1_500.gif

Here it is in layman's terms:

NORM = achieving a certain target performance gains you a "Norm"; 2 norms gets you the title

Correspondence Titles: Lowest to highest.
........CCE Correspondence Chess Expert
........CCE Correspondence Chess Master
........IM International Master
........SIM Senior International Master
........GM GrandMaster

As you know my personality a bit, you can guess why I chose the title for the article :ROFLMAO:

An english version of the article:

I am an everyday schmuck who was lucky enough in life to have a great wife and a good career, as well as being fortunate enough to be invited by the Canadian Correspondence Chess Association to play in some higher level tournaments, in which I seem to have done okay.

The end.

Here it is in layman's terms:

NORM = achieving a certain target performance gains you a "Norm"; 2 norms gets you the title

Correspondence Titles: Lowest to highest.
........CCE Correspondence Chess Expert
........CCE Correspondence Chess Master
........IM International Master
........SIM Senior International Master
........GM GrandMaster

As you know my personality a bit, you can guess why I chose the title for the article :ROFLMAO:

An english version of the article:

I am an everyday schmuck who was lucky enough in life to have a great wife and a good career, as well as being fortunate enough to be invited by the Canadian Correspondence Chess Association to play in some higher level tournaments, in which I seem to have done okay.

The end.
Love it Sam

Usually pics help me . . . .
🤪 Lots of diagrams in the article or is is that the pieces are too small and not lathery enough?
So before long you will be an IM?
Each step is much tougher than the previous one, Rich. I've been close to getting a 2nd IM Norm a few times, but missing it by 1/2 or 1 point in tnmts. I.E. 1/2-pt = drawing a single game instead of winning it. Hopefully within 2 years if everything goes well, mainly because games take so long to play (avg =1-2 years)

🤪 Lots of diagrams in the article or is is that the pieces are too small and not lathery enough?

Each step is much tougher than the previous one, Rich. I've been close to getting a 2nd IM Norm a few times, but missing it by 1/2 or 1 point in tnmts. I.E. 1/2-pt = drawing a single game instead of winning it. Hopefully within 2 years if everything goes well, mainly because games take so long to play (avg =1-2 years)
Wholly Moley! That’s longer than a Cricket match!

Reading the Chessbase website, came across this pic. I'm not sure who I associate more with: @The Monkey or the lost-looking guy who's going to get beaten by him! 🤪
man-and-monkey-600x380.jpg

Back