The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

June is now wrapped up, shaving-wise. My I2 Hydro-magic Injector continued to see daily usage, with 2 Personna blades used for the month.

The Shaving Yeti Mamacita on the Rocks is now almost two months in and, once I figured out that I needed to load it to a near-stupid amount, the dissipating lather problem has been resolved. I anticipate another 1.5-2 weeks with it before I can move on to the next product. While TTFFC Sue Moore Grapefruit was on tap, I might swap it out for 4oz of CBL's Sir Fougere (my container was an 8oz double-stuffed-Oreo order). I still have some time to decide on that one.

Floid Amber continues to be the AS of summer for me and, since I am 3017ing a near-full bottle, it will probably be this way until close to the end of the year. Forecasting AS depletion is still a hidden mystery for me. Having used both the Suave and the Amber for extended periods of time, I think I prefer the scent of the Suave by just a fraction. Initially, I had a hard time telling them apart but the Suave has more menthol and the Amber is more powdery. Hard to go wrong with either one.

My June was good (garden well underway, landed a job) and I hope yours was enjoyable as well.

Forecasting AS depletion is still a hidden mystery for me.

This seems to be my life! I know you were talking about Floid Aftershave specifically though. But man...I can have an aftershave...use it profusely, and it will seem like it never depletes. Then one day I look up and there is only a few glugs left! Then I have to make a huge order of all the aftershaves I need and then the wife isn't happy! Holy Cow! That was exhausting! 🤪

Haven’t experienced Floid yet...of course the one that sounded most interesting to me initially, Black, is DISCO. :(

Haven’t looked recently at the other offerings.

Floid Amber continues to be the AS of summer for me and, since I am 3017ing a near-full bottle, it will probably be this way until close to the end of the year. Forecasting AS depletion is still a hidden mystery for me. Having used both the Suave and the Amber for extended periods of time, I think I prefer the scent of the Suave by just a fraction. Initially, I had a hard time telling them apart but the Suave has more menthol and the Amber is more powdery. Hard to go wrong with either one.
I finished up a bottle of Amber last summer. As I was nearing the end, I used it 4-5 a day just to finish it up! At least I smelled good all day. ;)

Back