The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Oct.10: Injector I2 w/Personna(7) .... Chubby 2, synth ..... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

We're cooking Thanksgiving dinner today 🇨🇦 , so no time for out walking. Maybe after we get our bellies full, we will stroll around. Either that or flop down on the couch and nap.

Today's workout was:
- *nada*

Oct.10: Injector I2 w/Personna(7) .... Chubby 2, synth ..... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

We're cooking Thanksgiving dinner today 🇨🇦 , so no time for out walking. Maybe after we get our bellies full, we will stroll around. Either that or flop down on the couch and nap.

Today's workout was:
- *nada*
Happy Thanksgiving!

Oct.11: Injector I2 w/Personna(8) .... Chubby 2, synth ..... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

We celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday and decided to cruise through today at a slower pace. The conservation area had cars parked on the side of the road for a few hundred feet, but we found a good spot and had an enjoyable walk. Spotted a few wild turkey as well, but couldn't get close enough to snap a pic.

Today's workout was:
- 1 hour trail walk

Oct.12: Injector I2 w/Personna(9) .... Chubby 2, synth ..... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

A late afternoon shave today, as we decided to go on a mini road trip for the last day of my wife's staycation. About 5 hours on the road, some at 100kph but the majority of time was at 40-50kph though small hamlets and such. Twas nice.

Today's workout was:
- *does getting cooked by the sun while driving count?*

Oct.13: Injector I2 w/Personna(10) .. Chubby 2, synth ..... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm
Oct.14: Injector I2 w/Personna(11) .. Chubby 2, synth ..... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

Forgot to post yesterday. Not much went on except for a good shave. The mornings are now too dark for lakeside walking, so I decided to get back on the elliptical.

Today's workout was:
- 30 mins elliptical

Oct.15: Injector I2 w/Personna(12) .. Chubby 2, synth ..... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

I received some heart breaking news yesterday. My good friend Ed, whom some of you will know as Somnos, passed away last Friday. I do not know the cause at this time; all that matter is that he has left us and my heart goes out to his wife, aka his "lovely bride" as he always called her whenever we spoke.

Ed was a good man, always full of life and laughter, and never without a smile on his face. I first met him back in 2019 when he won a @Graydog PIF I ran, and we have gotten together many times since then, usually over coffee and natas (Portuguese custard tarts) while we discussed shaving and life. His plan was to retire to Portugal with his lovely bride and from there, explore Europe while living life to its fullest.

I shall miss him dearly and consider myself lucky to have gotten to know this incredible man. Rest easy, my friend. Somnos Sleeps.

Today's workout was:
- 30 mins elliptical

Oct.16: Injector I2 w/Personna(13) .. Chubby 2, synth ..... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

Too much hot pepper in the curry last night has my belly rumbling and my head feeling wonky from a poor sleep, so it will be a simple "shave but no-workout" morning for me.

Today's workout was:
- *nada*

Back