The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Tom's Journal about Shaving and other good stuff

Tom, randomly came across your post of your 330mate jnat. Its a beautiful stone.

Did you ever end up figuring it out?

Unfortunately I ended up patting with it. Fortunately, it went to a good home during the Sue Auctions on the other site. I realized I'm too lazy to hone so that part is put on hold for now. Been sticking with my trusty General SE for quite some time now.

So I finally got a chance to test out the soap that I won in the PIF courtesy of Chad. The crisp alpine stream is a very nice scent - almost sporty like. The performance is definitely better than I expected. The leather is yogurty goodness like Barrister but performs better IMHO. When I opened the lid, I thought it was a crisp but turns out it's a nice hard soap. Very generous with the soap as well. I'm sure it'll be one of the better soaps of my den which is saying a lot. I know others have praised the vendor for months now. Glad to be part of the club

The general gave me a nice DFS+ and the blade has been going strong for awhile (almost a month) with 2 to 3 shaves a week. Not too shabby I would say. Given that I do a quick 2.5 pass routine, can't really complain.

Hope you have a good day folks!

Glad you enjoyed the Beehive soap. Honestly one of the best in my den.

Nice one Tom! I think I remember someone saying that the Crisp Alpine is a clone of Creed Silver Mountain Water.

Funny you should mention Beehive soap - I've been eyeballing my tub of Sandalwood and been thinking of using it soon. And I still have some of the Peppermint test sample - both courtesy of Chad. Perhaps this week....yes, I think so!

So update.... I finally got time to unpack my shave items. We know we want to redo the master bathroom but for the time being I am making due with existing cabinets. Not bad but I need it more updated LOL. I got standards so yeah this is a must have project.

On another note, after unpacking everything, I have no idea where my DE blades, SE blades, Gillette Aristocrat 77.... sigh....... I'm hoping they turn up soon.

Oh they will turn up, after you replace them
1f601.png
...they will be in that box that you didn't unpack, but stored.

You will find them. Like Craig said, they are probably in a different box.

Back