The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Tom's Journal about Shaving and other good stuff

So a few observations…

1) the cbl hombres dos is a very solid performer but I feel like it caters to the younger crowd more than the hombres. I’m sure it’ll last me quite a while since I don’t shave as often anymore.

2) even though I have a plethora of razors, the colonial still kicks and is just comfortable. Can’t complain but the collection is collecting dust.

3) since having a baby, I realized I gotta shave more often and not have a 1-2 week growth. It’s too scratchy for the little man. LOL

Here’s a pic of the three of us. Don’t mind the mess.

301e3b3bcf8433cdb7ad7d09dd25a5a7.jpg

but I feel like it caters to the younger crowd more than the hombres
I see what you are saying… but I don’t think it’s catering…. I think the dos, is just a bit more accessible with the added citrus scent.

So a few observations…

3) since having a baby, I realized I gotta shave more often and not have a 1-2 week growth. It’s too scratchy for the little man. LOL

Here’s a pic of the three of us. Don’t mind the mess.

301e3b3bcf8433cdb7ad7d09dd25a5a7.jpg
Well, congratulations! You two adults look happy, Little Man is unimpressed.

Looking great!!

... but ....

No hat, no jacket, no shoes ..... Do we even know you anymore? 😜

Just a couple of Thoughts

Hombres Original - this was to capture the feeling of Tombstone and a barbershop in the southwest including the Gunpowder, Jalapeno, Baked clay of a hot sun. I think we captured that, but it was a scent that was specific

Hombres Dos -Capturing the Old West, but paying homage to Clint Eastwood and Sergio Leone and the Movies in Italy. Being in Italy we did add fragrance notes that you would find there, but along the same lines of keeping the "Old West" As @Spider said the "younger" crowd, it could be argued, also represents the "more accessible" olfactory fragrance notes that the mainstream likes.

Really it was to bring to you "Tombstone meets Acqua Di Parma" I think we accomplished that while maintaining the overall feel when you walk into my Barbershop. Glad you are enjoying it.

So nowadays I shave more often. Once or twice a week. I wanna make sure I don’t scratch up the little guy.

I took a break from CBL soap - nothing wrong but I was looking at my older stuff and saw a jar of Tabac that is probably 5-7 years old. I remember it being considered one of the first “best” soaps most shavers encounter during their journey.

It still holds up and I forgot how slick the soap is. Lathers very easily too. As long as the scent is fine for ya, it’s a solid soap.

I have used it the past four shaves. Typically I get a DFS and I am fine with that but today I got the elusive BBS. Maybe not as soft as Cayden’s butt but sure damn close.

They do grow up so fast. Already four months!

4186b7bda182a64dfea1df4bac593078.jpg

1cfd01e10dfd92eac7ae8c7f32ef7659.jpg

Back