The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Movie Thread

I’m hoping, wishing for books based on the movies that might flesh out the blanks left open. That said, a second viewing is definitely in order.

Took the kids to see Bumblebee, the new Transformers prequel, yesterday.

It was ok. Had a way different feel than the previous films. Obviously, since it wasn’t directed by Michael Bay.

Its definitely geared towards the younger audience with the humor. It takes place in the 80s, so the music was right in my wheelhouse.

Overall, a nice movie, just different. Follows the plot line of ET more than a traditional Transformers film.

Watched the new Spiderman animated movie with the kiddo.
It was pretty good but I'm old fashioned and haven't been followed the comics so I'm not sure how I feel about replacing the classic characters.

Watched the documentary From Hell It Came a few days ago. I captured a couple of screenshots of this amazing film about a tree monster terrorizing natives on an uncharted island in an unspecified location:

My advice to the Cadre is, if ever you are lost at sea, do not make port on this island! Not only was this horrible creature terrorizing native islanders, you can plainly see it also kidnapped the scientist who advocated its preservation in order to study and learn from this unique life form. The irony!

SPOILER ALERT: The scientist was rescued, and the monster vanquished.

Watched the documentary From Hell It Came a few days ago. I captured a couple of screenshots of this amazing film about a tree monster terrorizing natives on an uncharted island in an unspecified location:

My advice to the Cadre is, if ever you are lost at sea, do not make port on this island! Not only was this horrible creature terrorizing native islanders, you can plainly see it also kidnapped the scientist who advocated its preservation in order to study and learn from this unique life form. The irony!

SPOILER ALERT: The scientist was rescued, and the monster vanquished.

Poor Treebeard. ?

Kill Bill 1& 2. These are movies I never tire of. It was tamed down somewhat on Viceland, but still very cool nonetheless. May be my favorite Tarantino flicks, though they have tough competition.

The House on Carroll Street. Intriguing film set in the early 1950s with Kelly McGillis, Jeff Daniels, Mandy Patinkin, and Jessica Tandy. Great visuals, lots of period cars.

Kings Row. Great story, and some say Ronald Reagan's best acting. Enjoyed every minute.
1f44d.png

Bruce? You are not watching documentaries any more?
1f60b.png

I catch them when I can. Slim pickings lately on the SyFy educational channel.

Tonight I watched Mark Felt: The Man Who Brought Down the White House. Very interesting; gave color to events as I remember them.

Watched a few movies the past couple of weeks. As mentioned in another thread...went to see Aquaman this past weekend where I watched Aquaman, and the wife WATCHED Aquaman. It was a fun movie that moved pretty fast. Nothing too serious. Don't go into it thinking it's a great cinematic masterpiece or anything. It's just all fun. Don't out think the movie...because it won't be hard.

A couple weekends ago the wife and I saw The Kid Who Would Be King. It's a fun light-hearted movie that is suitable for just about any age. The wife and I were the only one's in the theater who didn't have kids, and from the lack of laughter and enthusiasm from those around us...I think we were the only ones who really enjoyed it also! My wife will watch anything related to Arthurian legend and I love to see these stories morph over time. This one was just fun.

The wife and I went and finally saw Avengers: End Game last weekend. It was good...a fun movie. Not really surprising, but not quite how I expected the series to end. Not really sure how I expected it to end either. Looking forward to how they progress the MCU from here.

Tuesday, the wife and I went and saw the new Godzilla movie. It's more my wife's thing than mine. But it was a typical Godzilla movie. Lots of monsters, fighting, and destruction. I remember at one point my wife said something to the effect of, "We don't care about the plot...I want to see the monsters." If it was just me, I probably wouldn't pay to see it...but it was fun to watch nonetheless. At least we went on $5.00 Tuesdays.

Back