The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Movie Thread

The wife and I rented Deadpool 2 last night. Honestly? I liked it better than the first. Definitely not for kids or anyone easily offended. A lot of violence, a lot of innuendos and double entendres, as well as...well...let's just say, a lot of adult type stuff. But my wife and I couldn't stop laughing!

I loved that movie! And I’d agree, it’s probably better than the first.

The wife and I went to see "The Nun" last night. I'm not much of a horror guy. My reasoning is that I have seen too much bad stuff in the world...I don't need my entertainment to be scary or bad also. But the missus LOVES scary movies. So I acquiesce. I saw "The Conjuring" when it first came out and it creeped me out man! I don't know...I know it was just a movie, but it hit a little too close to home for me...for some reason. Anyway...she loves all those movies and she really wanted to see "The Nun." We wnet...and oddly...I thought it was a pretty good movie. I really enjoyed it. It had it's moments, but all in all I thought it was really good!

Went and saw First Man today at the local Megaplex in IMAX. Biopic of Niel Armstrong from 1961 through the moon landing in July 1969. So well done. See it in IMAX if you can, the space/moon scenes are amazing.

Went and saw First Man today at the local Megaplex in IMAX. Biopic of Niel Armstrong from 1961 through the moon landing in July 1969. So well done. See it in IMAX if you can, the space/moon scenes are amazing.

On my list!

That would be sweet to see on the super big screen. I’ve never seen a Hollywood movie on IMAX.

Took the kids to see Smallfoot today. Kids really enjoyed it, and it had it's laughs. I'd rate it a solid 6/10. Although my son would probably say 10/10.

Our Theater needs seats like yours!!!

They are full recliners too! It's the theater closest to our house and all the seats are like that. And the price is cheaper than the other theater.

I just sat down in the theater to watch Halloween!

I rode my motorcycle to a new (to me) theater that’s about 40 minutes away. Why? Because that theater has seats like Chad just posted! It’s amazing!

Took the kids to see The Grinch I must say I liked this version better than the Jim Carrey version.

Took the kids to see The Grinch I must say I liked this version better than the Jim Carrey version.
Ill have to check it out!

Yesterday I saw Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald.

Very Good. Very, very good. Way better than the first one.

Ill have to check it out!

Yesterday I saw Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald.

Very Good. Very, very good. Way better than the first one.

Oh man I’m behind...didn’t even know that was out already! The missus will definitely want to see that one.

*May contain spoilers*

So, we did end up going to the drive-in with the family last night, to see Fantastic Beasts 2.

I’m pretty mixed feelings on it after first viewing. I need to see it again at some point, but the general thoughts are that it had good potential but didn’t deliver much - it did have some good action and CG work, but the story was fragmented and hard to get in to. I felt the character development was very poor for both new and continuation from the first film. There was a lot of subtle fan service for those even moderately into the world’s lore. The film just never quite came together well except for a few scenes.

Even the missus, who marathons Harry Potter yearly, without fail, and has rea the books, thought it was so-so and a bit disjointed.

Wow Chris. You’re a harsh critic.

I really enjoyed it.

I probably just expected too much. I wanted to get in to it, but it just wasn’t happening for whatever reason.

Like I said though, deserves another viewing!

Back