The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Movie Thread

Watched the last hour of Rudy this morning. That gets ya right in the feels.
Never seen it. I hear it is something about a Hobbit that wants to play football...or something?

It was OK. A decent production to make history current and interesting. Some “good” moments...but I’m not seeing the huge hype. 🤷‍♂️

Am I missing something?

I always feel like musicals are meant for the stage. Seeing a production of it on TV or in the movies loses something for me. That being said...looking forward to watching it. Likely the only way I will get to see it for the foreseeable future.

Watched a movie called "Buffaloed" the other night. About a Debt Collector that takes on other debt Collectors. A very underrated movie and down very well...I thought...even if you don't like the main character.

Also...Watched "Alita: Battle Angel" last night. It wasn't really a cinematic masterpiece. But it was entertaining. It was worth a watch if you don't have to pay for it.

Ok TSC movie junkies, I know it has a huge cult following and i have been hearing about it since HS.
O69
Is the Rocky Horror Picture Show worth watching?

Last edited:
Just watched “The Old Guard” on Netflix. Based off a comic book series I believe. It was pretty good and if/when they come out with a follow up I’ll definitely be watching it.

It’s in my top 5 favorite movies. I never tire of rewatching it.
Well i rented it through Youtube last night and watched it. I enjoyed the music, the lyrics got very interesting at times lol. overall i enjoyed it in a "What the heck did i just watch?" kinda way. kinda like the original Evil Dead movie.

Ok TSC movie junkies, I know it has a huge cult following and i have been hearing about it since HS.
O69
Is the Rocky Horror Picture Show worth watching?
Well i rented it through Youtube last night and watched it. I enjoyed the music, the lyrics got very interesting at times lol. overall i enjoyed it in a "What the heck did i just watch?" kinda way. kinda like the original Evil Dead movie.
RHPS is going to be one of those love it or hate it for most. Watching it at home is good. But if you ever have a chance to watch it in a theater or if you are super lucky...be able to watch it on stage...it gets super fun! There is a lot of audience participation and the whole thing gets interesting.

You have to go to a beat up, theatre to see RHPS to see all the "live action" Bring Toast and a Squirt bottle. The Loft @uacowboy used to do it and maybe still does on Saturday nights, .... Pre-Covid of course. but watch the original only the remakes are garbage

Last night’s movie was Togo...good film, yanked a few tears out of the kiddos.

Tonight we’re making the kids watch West Side Story.

Watched a netflix movie called Close. I was impressed and stayed up way too late to finish it.

Back